Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

jeep stats

View previous topic :: View next topic  
flyerjib

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:22 am    Post subject: jeep stats Reply with quote

ok... I've called everyone under the sun looking for the difference in specs between my stock Dana 30 and the Rubicon's Dana 44. I am trying to figure out if they use the same size u-joints and if the outter axle shafts are the same size with the same spline count. All I know is that in the inner shafts they are the same size except my Dana 30 is tapered down to 27 splines whgere the Dana 44 is not tappered and has 30 splines. I am looking to get front and rear rubicon 44s for my 97 TJ but I have to retain my front spindles and bearings and I'm wondering if I can use a hub conversion kit that is out there already for my size hub?!? Confused... me too! Confused
Custom bumpers
Ramsey Winch
Herculiner interior
Neoprene seat covers
Dana 44s front and rear w/ air lockers and hub conversion+much, much more... OlllllllO
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jiles111

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont quote me on this but, I heard that the Rubi's 44 is modified 30 and 35 with D44 ring and pinions. I heard they actually share the same housing and axleshaft housings. I do believe they have different sized driveshafts and ujoints. Like I said I am not sure about this. I have not meessed with the Rubi44's.

Neutral
http://bigcountryoff-road.com/
ehirner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean specs?

The Rubicon front 44 is identical to a TJ D30 outside of the differential and the inner shafts. Same outer stubs, same knuckles, same hubs, same u-joint, same brackets, same tubes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: