Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rhinolining my Cherokee Exterior!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
90XJ4X4

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:20 pm    Post subject: Rhinolining my Cherokee Exterior! Reply with quote

A couple days ago I saw a new Chevy truck Rhinolined on the outside. It was gray, and looked absolutely awesome. All the trim was removed and replaced, and it had all the trademarks of a pro job.

It was owned by some expedition outfit from Colorado but I blew it and didn't get out and talk to the guy.

Here in Texas, and most places I go, theres alot of brush, weeds, sticks...stuff to scratch the pretty paint. I think I am going to trade pretty for cool.

Have any of you got or seen an exterior Herculined or Rhinolined?

Any comments or tips on the subject?

Drake69

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw one for sale on eBay recently, and it was definitely sweet. I don't remember if it was professionally done or not, but it was a really good idea. I know though that Herculiner and probably Rhinoliner is dangerous to work with due to fumes and skin contact, so if you decide to do it just be careful.

Definitely looks cool though. thumbs

StreetDoc

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We were on a trail one day when another group came by and stopprd to talk for a little bit. One of the Jeeps was Line-X'd inside and out, looked great. The owner worked for Line-X, he said that he completely took his Jeep apart so even under the seems were Line-X'd. I'd love to have the time to do that. Here's a link for one of there picture galleries http://www.nonslipcoating.com/photogallery.htm Also, take a look on there web page and see who is using Durabak.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
90XJ4X4

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drake & StreetDoc,

I appreciate the positive input. This is one of those things that I'm kinda excited about. Looking forward to doing it in a couple of months when the weather cools down. I have a barn here on the ranch, in which I can build a makeshift paintbooth. We have a '91 Dodge 4x4 Cummins which I will do after the Cherokee if it turns out well.

Its like a fall/winter project I am looking forward to when the cows need no maintenance.

I will be wise concerning the fumes...and practice a bit before committing myself. I guess with this stuff, its a do or die...doesn't look like it would be fun trying to go back to a standard finish.

That link to Durabak has some excellent pics and info, thanks alot.

Big Kev

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had an 88 XJ that I had some stuff called PermaTec sprayed on the rocker pannels. Great for keeping the rust away. Didn't cost too much and looked good on the Jeep. I even had the color matched so you had to know it was there to see it. I have also seen an S-10 done compleately. The owner said it worked really good but it added some weight to the truck. Good luck with the project.
dizzymac

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw one professionally done in dark green. It didn't look to bad, don't know if I would want it for a DD though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: