Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello! Newby Here needs some Pointers/Direction

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gidder-Done

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:40 pm    Post subject: Hello! Newby Here needs some Pointers/Direction Reply with quote

Hello Guys a Newby here just saying Hi and am in need of some pointers. I have a 2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport and I have A/C problems. I am loosing R-134a within a day in half from feeling it up. I looked everywhere trying to find the leak and no luck. Even took it to an A/C shop and they conclude it has to be the evaporator coil. I was afraid of that. I know I have to take the dash apart and I am half way their. Where can I get more info on the dismantle of the dash to get to the evaporator setup? Oh and no more warranty, rather suffer and fix it myself. I am kinda stuck at what is next to do. I would appreciate some pointers thanks...........Jerry furious
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have a factory service manual?
http://www.jeephorizons.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=5120
Gidder-Done

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code3TJ wrote:
Do you have a factory service manual?
http://www.jeephorizons.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=5120

No service manual but I have a manuel on cd I bought from Ebay. Doesnt seem to have what I want...... Sad
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you shoot some leak detector in to confirm that it's not something more easily accessable?

What do you have on CD? The FSM does detail it...it makes you jump around different sections, but it's all laid out in there. Wink

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gidder-Done

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThePhantum wrote:
Did you shoot some leak detector in to confirm that it's not something more easily accessable?

What do you have on CD? The FSM does detail it...it makes you jump around different sections, but it's all laid out in there. Wink

Yes I did put in a leak detector which is red. I looked at everything top to bottom besides the evaporator coil and no red. It leaked out within a day and a half. I even took it to a shop and a fella determined the same thing that it has to be the evaporator coil. Man-O-Man
Gidder-Done

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the status at where I am at in this fun tear down. Whoooo-Hooooooooo!!!! To much fun! Evil or Very Mad

Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You poor soul. Wink
Gidder-Done

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tell you what. I finally got the Evaporator core out and I do not see no dye. Well you know what? This Cherokee is still getting new Evaporator Core and A/C Condensor. Also a new accumulator. Its all apart and I be dead-gum I put it all back together without new parts. Besides the compressor these 2 items are what I think to be the leaky problem, one of the 2 at least. I will find out. I am glad I have time to tinker with my Jeep. I am staying at home recouping from a motorcycle accident. Hopefully will be back together in a week. Yee-Ha!!!!! Finger bud
Gidder-Done

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its always nice to do all the work yourself. Got my a/c fixed....I went ahead and installed a new Evaporator Core and a/c condensor/accumulator. Nice and cold now. It has been 2 weeks and still holds a charge. Was not fun taking the dash apart but now I know what is involved it will not be bad next time. I pat myself on the back. I hate paying someone else to work on my stuff. If I cant do it no one will Finger
halmc

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:44 am    Post subject: Re: Hello! Newby Here needs some Pointers/Direction Reply with quote

Gidder-Done wrote:
I am loosing R-134a within a day in half from feeling it up. I looked everywhere trying to find the leak and no luck.
Sorry to dig up this ancient thread, but believe it or not I too have an evaporator issue, and I too am recovering from a motorcycle accident. "Gidder Done" I'd like to give you a call and discuss this instrument panel removal. Are you still on the forum?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: