Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HELP NEWBY QUESTION KINDA OF!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
grniydbandit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:00 pm    Post subject: HELP NEWBY QUESTION KINDA OF! Reply with quote

i HAVE A 1993 ZJ V8 My temp gauge is pegged i already replace the temp sending unit and the thermostat. Are there any other coolant sensors. also I know coolant doesn't burn off and my level is slowly dropping but i don't get bubbles in the radiator so I hope i don't have a blow head where else should i look are there other places the the V8 might form cracks? The tail pipe and smoke are normal no white or blue exhaust and no liquid dripping out!! ANyone with a dodge v8 let me know cause the v8 is a dodge motor and very reliable it's been in service for a while now too.
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving this to the Grand Cherokee forum.

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
1fox2go

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steam coming out the tail pipe?

did you pressure check your radiator?

take your plugs out and look at them closely under light if they have a green tint then you may have a cracked head or blown head gasket

what about your water pump?
grniydbandit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The water pump was changed 6 months ago so it should be good the pressure test came back negative but i want to try it when the engine is cold maybe the heat sealed the crack(that I hope isn't there) and the exhaust smells fine and looks fine. Any idea's on how to check the gauge itself with out ripping apart my dash.

I'm running out of ideas quick so any help is good help Very Happy
1fox2go

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

find another temp gauge like ones you get at the parts store that would be easier than ripping the dash out

the factory temp gauges are famous for being off

did you check your plugs?
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could get a boneyard gauge cluster and hook it up ..See if it works then.. That will tell you if its your gauge or your wireing..

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
grniydbandit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PRESSURE TEST CAME BACK NEGATIVE EVEN ON A COLD ENGINE rofl ok thats one bullet! furious It's the wire's it self I took the meter to it and it's low! Troubleshooting electronics anyone wanna shoot me first and save me the frustration.
grniydbandit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah I checked the plugs while i did a complete tune up to try and cut down on gas consumption and the old ones looked fine no tint to them. Does anyone know if the 93 zj v8 has a weeper for the water pump? Payday is thursday so I'm going to replace all the coolant lines. It's the slow leak thats getting to me I can always throw an aftermarket gauge up. The leak the leak the unspeakable leak.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: