Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question regards to fitting tires on a 4" XJ lift

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HunterHobbs

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:36 pm    Post subject: Question regards to fitting tires on a 4" XJ lift Reply with quote

Im jacking up my 95' XJ Country 4" and I got my self a set of those bushwacker cut-out fenderflares and i was wondering if I would be able to fit 33 X 1250 super swamper TSL radials with the lift and the cut-out fender flares. will i be able to get full articulation out of my lift kit with the 33 X 1250 on there or should i just go for the 32 X 1150? I also have JKS quick disconnects and the TeraFlex revolver shackles waiting to be installed once my lift kit arrives. please help me with your input. thanks alot!
90XJ4X4

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is from the Sticky XJ Lift and Tire Combo Guideline...

31x12.50", 31x13.50", LT325/60R15
3"-4" lift - fender trimming will be needed
4.5"-5" lift - minor fender trimming

32x9.50, 32.10.50"
4"-4.5" lift - minor fender trimming

32x11.50", 32x12.50", 32x14.50"
4.5"-5" lift - trimming will be needed.

33x9.50", 33x10.50", 33x11.50"
5.5" lift - some trimming needed
6"-6.5" lift - no trimming

33x12.50"
5.5"-6" lift - Trimming will be needed

HunterHobbs

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:21 am    Post subject: YEAAAAAA, well i can read and the chart doesnt help me. Reply with quote

Yeaaaaaa, see i know how to read. I was kinda trying to get a little more feedback other than that wheel/tire chart. it says nothing about 33 X 1250 with only a 4" and it doesnt take into account for the bushwacker fender cut outs. all the chart says is that for a 4", 32 X 1150 will need some minor trimming. mabye someone who has had some experience with the cut out flares could give me a little input?
Keithtj
ARLI$$
ARLI$$

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just putting a 4" lift on your XJ wont let you clear 33's. You'll need to trim a lot off your fenders to get it work, but I'm not sure how much. I'll let one of the XJ guys answer that.

My Morning Jacket
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They'll most likely fit on there, but I wouldn't wheel it. Even with fender trimming, you'll probably rub the tires in the wheel wells under articulation. You can bumpstop the hell out of it to limit the travel, but that will limit usable flex as well.

How much you have to trim the fenders will depend on the backspacing of the rims you're using...the further they stick the tires out, the more you're gonna have to cut. Also remember: in the back, there's a limit to how much you can cut before you start opening holes to the interior. At that point you have to start welding sheetmetal in to close the holes.

HTH

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: