Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do i connect an iPod directly into my factory stereo?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mstar587

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject: How do i connect an iPod directly into my factory stereo? Reply with quote

Hey fellas,
I have an 04 sahara. I am trying to figure out how to connect my ipod to the factory stereo. Does anyone know how many imput plugs the stereo has in it(either 1 or 2)
Thanks
Mike
ehirner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are actually no "input" plugs. One product that will work if the PIE adapter. It connects through the CD changer hookup IIRC. Google it to find a link to purchase through. Crutchfield may also be a good alternative to look into. Also, you could use one of those FM modulators to broadcast an FM radio signal.
BlueJ

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out Bob at Chadds Ford Electronics in Chadds Ford PA, you may have to look up the phone number. Last time I was up there (two months ago) he was putting the finishing touches on an iPod adaptor installation kit specifically for the TJ. He sells various electronics (CB set ups, stereo amp stuff, door light cut-off) through Quadratec's catalog...the iPod adapter should be in the catalog soon.
mstar587

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is the cd changer IIRC? I took my face plate off the car to look at the stereo, but im not to great w all that.
ehirner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The connector is in the back.
TJ Apex

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there, I am new to this site and I read about the ipod thread.

Raido Shack sells a FM transmitter made by a company called Monster, in my opinion it's the best on the market. there are two types, one is the cheaper at around $40.00 that is'nt as good and other is $80.00 and it charges your ipod as well as having a stronger transmitter.

Hope this anwsers your question
ehirner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with FM transmitters is you still get the same quality as an FM station...which is downgrading the quality on on iPod.
TJ Apex

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sound quality from the Monster transmitter is quite good. some of the cheaper ones will have static and or bleed thru from strong radio stations, so far I have not had any with this transmitter, I will admit, CD's are better but by only by a very small amount. and besides, when we have the "rags" down, sound quality really doesn't do much unless your stereo is loud enough to dround out all noise from the traffic.
Plus I have all 226 of my cd's on my ipod and when your going for itů
ipods don't skip.
KnightFire

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is keeping the OEM stereo mandatory? I've connected an XM unit and my iPod to my aftermarket stereo and everything is controled via the head unit, Crutchfield had all the needed supplies.

KnightFire

Amsoil Dealer
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Cirkus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I have an '06 Rubicon with the factory 6-disc in dash unit. I purchased a product from a company called Periphrial (sp?) at Best Buy. It runs straight into the CD changer port in the rear of the head unit. What's best is that it's a digital signal just like listening to the CD player, and actually sounds better than my CD's, I think due to the EQ settings in the IPOD. Straight forward install and works awesome. I now can cycle thru AM, FM, any of the 6 discs, and the IPOD.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Electronic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: