Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pic of Jeep after lifted with 3.5 RE superflex

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AggieDog

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:28 am    Post subject: Pic of Jeep after lifted with 3.5 RE superflex Reply with quote

Well, here it is in all of it's glory: 2004 Rocky Mtn Edition, Rubicon Express Superflex 3.5 suspension lift, with 3/4 inch spacers on top of the springs, 32 by 11.50 tires, re geared to 4.56 front and back, Powertrax in the front diff, and a Detroit TrueTrac in the back diff. SYE installed.

Really like the power both on and off highway.

04 Rocky Mtn Edition TJ, 4.0 L 5 Speed Manual, D44 rearend,4.56 gears, Jeeperman rear bumper, swingaway, Jamboree rack, Warn front bumper, Warn steering box skid plate, Warn oilpan skidplate, Rubicon 3.5 lift, Warn CE M8000 winch.
KnightFire

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thumbs headbang

That looks REALLY good, definitely keep us updated on your mpg...I'm VERY interested in those numbers.

How is your 5th gear passing power on the highway? If you don't mind, could you post a price tally?

If your mpg doesn't take a nose dive off a cliff and you have pretty good passing power, I may forego the 2" OME lift and go this route instead. Decisions...decisions...

Thanks

KnightFire

Amsoil Dealer
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
'drack
▲▼webwheeler▼▲
▲▼webwheeler▼▲

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice man thumbs .
AggieDog

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's what it looks like from the back:

I havent checked the milage, but best I can tell I am not off much, went to an area I deer hunt and fooled around on Saterday, and my gas gadge wasnt any different than any other trip I've made similarly up there. There is plenty of power in 5th gear. I had 3.73 gears, a 5 speed, and 30 inch tires from factory and I have a whole "bunch" more power and giddy up than I used to. Next set of tires will be 33's, but I probably will go to 16 inch rims as I dont want 33 inch tires that are 12.50 inches wide. You dont even want to know the price, but I'll post it later. If you take the Rubicon superflex 3.5 inch lift, and add 3/4 inch spacers as I did, that effectively gives you a 4.25 inch lift. I occasionally know the detroit truetrac is back there, but is more than acceptable. In wheeling my jeep alittle this weekend, I am elated with it's significantly improved performance.

The Jeeperman rear bumper, and swingaway is an awesome setup, I am very happy with that decision.
04 Rocky Mtn Edition TJ, 4.0 L 5 Speed Manual, D44 rearend,4.56 gears, Jeeperman rear bumper, swingaway, Jamboree rack, Warn front bumper, Warn steering box skid plate, Warn oilpan skidplate, Rubicon 3.5 lift, Warn CE M8000 winch.
TJgirl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks great!
Keithtj
ARLI$$
ARLI$$

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks good, I plan in upgrading to that lift myself!

My Morning Jacket
desertmoon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW....beautiful job. Looks like you approached the whole project with the "getting it right the first time" mentality. Well done!!!
AggieDog

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and alot of money. .... I cant do gear work so the re gearing and putting the front powertrac in and the Detroit truetrac cost some money. The lift I went ahead and let them put in also, but you can do that yourself with a friend, etc. The thing is, when you decide to go up 4.25 inches in my case, like alot of the guys hear say, alot of other things need to be done to keep everything right. In my case, that meant a new pitman steering arm, longer front driveshaft, sye, and new rear driveshaft, etc, to keep everything lined up correct. If I had a shop, I think I would learn how to install ring and pinion gears, etc. That's alot of the expense. I could have done a transfer case drop, but I wanted the extra clearence underneight.
otisdog4

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your Jeep looks great - I lifted 4" so I know all the extra crap that comes along with that. It's good that you did the SYE. I tried the T-case drop but NO WAY - I had vibes up the ying-yang and did an SYE right away. Now I gotta get the gears..
Jim
sinekal1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whose front driveshaft did you end up going with
Black2001TJ
Leopard Skin
Leopard Skin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks really nice, I envy the gearing!

I must say, I've had my RE3.5" SF for a few years (about 45K miles) and it still sits above 4". Very good product! Enjoy.
AggieDog

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both the front driveshaft and the rear driveshaft were custom made locally. Hope that helps. I need to take measurements, before I twist them all up!
Navy-Jeepster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice

Getting ready to install that same lift, but without the spacers.

Will post some pics once our lift is installed later this weekend.

Navy-Jeepster
Gold Digger
AggieDog

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy-Jeepster, very cool, looking forward to your pics.

Here's mine after I put allied rockcrusher rims on it and 33 x 12.50 tires.

Make sure you put a new aftermarket "steering stabilizer" on if you havent already, it will make it nicer to drive, esp with larger tires, and a lift.

T.O.W. Vehicle

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look familiar? Mine with the RE 4.5" lift. Didn't change out the front drive shaft though. Think I would have been happier with the 3.5" too. Actually got off the ground too high. Made it hard for the wife to get in now.

I regeared to 4.10s and put a EZ Locker in the rear only with 33" tires. Changed the backspacing for better center of gravity and stayed with a skinny tire 10.5. Skoots now!

Photo was taken on a trail in the mountains of Va.
Warn X8000i winch, Warn Rock Bumpers
RE 4.5"Super Flex Lift
AA HD SYE
JKS Quicker Disconnects
Shrockguards
Tellico & Windrock Tested & Customized!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Photo Album All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: