Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Brighter Headlights

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
robt46

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:45 pm    Post subject: Brighter Headlights Reply with quote

I want to get different Headlights. Mine just don't seem bright enough. Makes me crazy on long night drives. Any ideas. I want something that will pass inspection. Don't need that hassle. Just wanted to see who was usin what. And where to get them. Thanks Robt.
Keithtj
ARLI$$
ARLI$$

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IPF makes great headlight replacement. Coreyxj uses them on his XJ and I've ran them on my TJ for about 3 years now. They work great and are very bright.

My Morning Jacket
robt46

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:48 pm    Post subject: Headlights Reply with quote

They sound like the ticket Keith. Can you give me a little more info. I did a search of IPF. Turning up all kinds of wild stuff none of which are lights. Hehe. Where can I get them. Thanks Robt.
Big Kev

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hella makes a good replacement light. they use an H4 bulb so you can get different bulbs. they are pretty easy to change too. you don't have to change any wireing. i have had them in my Xj for a little more than a year and i would get a second set if any thing ever happened to them. they have a nice patteren on them too there is a real flat line and they come up at the right for the low beams and the high beams are pretty nice, they are much better then the stock ones i had.
90XJ4X4

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://quadratec.com has both Hella and IPF. Both are excellent.
robt46

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:27 pm    Post subject: Brighter Headlights Reply with quote

Hey, thanks for the info and the website. I didnt realize it but Quadratech is not far from me. (the Pa warehouse) I'm gonna stop down there and get a set of whatever. I like the different bulbs thing. I'll have to look at both. Also I was going to install fog lights I have one broken. The Dealer wants a fortune for them. The Jeep guy up the road advised me to get Driving lights in place of the fog lights. Guess I'll see if they have a similiar size to fit in the bumper. Never had driving lights before. Should help me on the Beach at night. It's time for fishing!!!!! Robt.
Keithtj
ARLI$$
ARLI$$

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IPF has different bulbs also and you don't change the wiring. A buddy of mine runs the hella lights, and I can tell a huge difference between ours. For the money IPF is a great purchase and easily one of the best mods that I have ever done.

My Morning Jacket
robt46

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:28 pm    Post subject: Brighter Lights Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip Keith. I did'nt know that. I'll check them out when I go down there. Let you know how I made out. Robt.
TJgirl

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what about those new blue headlights? can they replace the stock lamps on a TJ? I also want to change mine out, I like those blue ones, perhaps the bulbs can just be changed? I dunno
IBTJn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just switched to the Silverstars. Man...they are bright! Not cheap, but work better than the stockers.

Wink
TJgirl

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked up the blue lights, $19.95 each. I didn't think this was too bad. congrats on your new lights I bet there great
ehirner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recommend upgrading to an H4 E-code type of housing...like the IPF, Hella or Cibie. With the right bulbs, for example IPF's Magic J bulbs, you can run 55/60W bulbs that are identical wattage to the stock headlights but throw much more light. The housing helps to distribute it much better.
ekb55

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I have seen somewhere the mod to make the high beam and fog lamp stay on at the same time but I just cant find it. search didnt seem to help either. Anyone?
'03 1600 Vulcan (Just get on and ride, trouble-free)
'04 250 Ninja (wife's toy)
quadna71

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

open your hood...
access the fuse box on the right fenderwall...
pull out the fog lamp relay...
bend over pin 1 so that it doesn't make contact anymore...
reinsert relay, close cover, close hood.
voila

you can also pull the tin defuser out of the OEM fog lamp housings. it didn't make a large difference in mine until i installed some sylvania silverstar bulbs in them. very good output with an even shine everywhere.
chris
joostin420

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does anyone now how to do the fog lights with high beams mod on a KJ, or will the way above work as well?

i did this with my WRX, and my wife would love to have it done with her liberty.

thanx,

justin
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Electronic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: