Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Garage Building Party

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> FM2CD
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StreetDoc

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:55 am    Post subject: Garage Building Party Reply with quote

The Oops is fixed Mr. Green So I am looking at hosting the Garage Building Party on Saturday Oct 15th after 9:30 am, I have to be able to get home from work.

I am looking again for unpaid (but well feed and hydrated) labor to bolt together (turning wrenches) and erecting a metal building. The directions say it only takes about 4 to 5 guys a day to put up. Its just a little building 25x40 when its finished it will look close to this www.steelmasterusa.com.../a10.html.

Location wise - This is in Unionville which is between Fredericksburg and Culpeper, approximatly 15 miles off of Rt 3 going down Rt 20.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Jen2Goofy
Trail Goddess
Trail Goddess

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

your link does not work

www.vajeepgirls.com

www.fm2cd.com

(O||||||O)
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try to make it to help out. We installed Marks RE 4.5" superflex on his XJ this weekend, which is a whole story unto itself. We broke both welded nuts on the upper shackle bolts for the leafs ("forcing" me to buy a sawzall) as well as one upper shock bolt. So three holes needed to be cut into the deck, the welder came out....yea, it was good times.

Anyway, after all was said and done it needs an SYE. It so not driveable, he left it here. So, depending on when he can get his hands on an SYE and DS, I might be helping to do that on the 15th. We'll see....

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jppilot61

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:39 pm    Post subject: SYE was ordered Reply with quote

I ordered the SYE yesterday. No telling when it will come in but I imagine it will be this week but we will set a date after I get it in hand and after Uwharrie.

As Steve said we have DEFINITELY had an adventure this past weekeknd and as DISSAPOINTED as I was to not to be able to drive it this upcoming weekend, it does look DARN good!

Mark
StreetDoc

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sucks, get the Jeep fixed, I should be able to get enough help from others.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Mark is willing to put off his SYE until Sunday (and/or possibly the next weekend)...you've got me for the day.

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jppilot61

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:35 am    Post subject: Saturday or Sunday? Reply with quote

I am at your mercy. If you want to do it on Sunday that is fine and then I can most likely also come out to help in the garage raising.

I don't have it in hand yet anyway, although I expect it tomorrow or Thursday . . . .

It is truly your call!

I am planning to bring my tires up (in my Explorer), and take the Washing Machine home in it. MJ may have something planned with Jen either this weekend/next or both. Next weekend 10/22/23 I have a conflict and "probably" won't be able to do SYE (at least not on Sunday 23rd).
StreetDoc

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Status - By Friday I'll have the anchor bolts installed and the scaffoling setup and as many of the arches assembled as I can so they are ready to be put in place.

Directions - If you want a map e-mailed to you send me a PM with you e-mail address so I can send it to you.
My address is 26318 Col. Drake Ln (it's not on any maps that I have seen yet)
To get here from the Fredericksburg/I95 area, take Rt 3 west about 10 miles to Rt 20 toward Orange go about 10 miles to left on Rt 650 (Independance Rd) 100 yard to left at fork in the road to Rt 624 (Tower Rd) about 4.5 miles to left onto Col. Drake Ln. We are the last house on the street, look for the Buffalo Sign.

If you have any ploblems our phone is 540.854.4807

Steve, if you wanted to take back roads, get to Rt 601 then to left onto Rt 651 (Tatum Rd)go about 4 - 5 miles to right onto Rt 624 (Tower Rd). We would then be the 1st right after you turned onto Tower Rd.
StreetDoc

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well we got almost half of it done, one of these days I'll remember not to believe salesman. I want to thank blthomas, RTFS and Mrs RTFS from NOVA Jeepers and ThePhantum and jppilot61 from FM2CD. A lot was done and we figured out how to be more efficent at setting it up.

Thank you very much.
StreetDoc

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I changed what little mind that I have left, I will not be working on the garage this Saturday. It will get done but Im not sure who is going to do it Shocked
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> FM2CD All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: