Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

College aid

View previous topic :: View next topic  
1fox2go

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:23 am    Post subject: College aid Reply with quote

Does anyone know where i can go to get financial aid for college?

i dont want to get a loan and have to pay back more than double of what i borrowed i dont like loans and i dont like to owe people money

ive heard that the federal government gives money to students to go to school i just need help to find out these applications
Jen2Goofy
Trail Goddess
Trail Goddess

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

try here:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0060937653/qid=1124906370/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/102-6624510-0068904?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

and http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0874477522/qid=1124906370/sr=8-2/ref=pd_bbs_2/102-6624510-0068904?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

also collage loans are not bad. 1. the right loan will not start collecting interest until after your are out of school and 2. the rates are not that bad.

also unless you have some sort of ethnicity (not a white male) or you are realllly smart (1600 SAT score and 3.5+ GPA) and several extra curricular activities the chances of getting all of college paid for are slim to nil, but I could be wrong.

Last but not least there is always the military. I know several people who went into the military first then used the GI bill to pay for college. They are much better people because of it too.

www.vajeepgirls.com

www.fm2cd.com

(O||||||O)
Keithtj
ARLI$$
ARLI$$

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your chances to get a federal grant for school are slim, but there are scholarships for almost anything. Scholarships are available for left handed people Shocked , high ACT scores, some fraternities offer scholarships, some employers pay for school. Student loans are actually nice because the interest is very low. If your parents claim you on taxes, this can hender your chances of recieving some help. My parents made to much for me to eligible for any student loans and some scholarships. Also watch out for scam scholarships.
I would advise you to check with your admission's or registrar's office about scholarships available.

My Morning Jacket
Keithtj
ARLI$$
ARLI$$

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can also get a minority scholarship at an all black univeristy if you are not African-American.

My Morning Jacket
ehirner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think schools would survive today without financial aid offices. I would suggest talking to an FA counselor since that's what they do all day. You'll be hardpressed to get a free ride unless you're a stellar athlete or super intelligent. There's just too much competition out there now. I graduated HS with about a 97 and rec'd about 2/3 of my tuition, room, and board at a private school through financial aid. I finished school with the maximum Stafford loans allowable at the time...about $16,000. My parents paid the interest while I was in school.

At a minimum, you'll likely have to take the Stafford loans if you want a financial aid package.
1fox2go

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok thanks guys

so far its lookin like my semester classes with books are going to run me about 1200-1500 dollars

and i have 4 semester but since i have to work and cant go to school all day everyday i mite be going a 5th semester but that means my other semester prices will drop or the 5th one will be really cheap i will see about that stafford loan

thanks for the replies
kygreenyj

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1fox2go wrote:
ok thanks guys

so far its lookin like my semester classes with books are going to run me about 1200-1500 dollars

i wish my school cost that much

06 Ford Escape Hybrid

03 KLR 650
Keithtj
ARLI$$
ARLI$$

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is cheap, be happy that you are paying that much for school

My Morning Jacket
1fox2go

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im very happy to pay that much
its a community college i didnt add in the price for gas to drive there everyday either

im paying as much as i can for school, plus i have car insurance and cell phone bill my parents are helping but i dont want them to pay for much
kygreenyj

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

with 21500 in scholarship money every year i still have to dish out extra in flight fees and rent

06 Ford Escape Hybrid

03 KLR 650
Stevo02TJ

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm payin about $25,000 per year, so consider yourself lucky...damn I need to transfer...

My student loans won't start collecting until I'm out of school for 6 months, no matter what I do (i.e. transfering, etc.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Navy-Jeepster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the first places to go, is www.fafsa.gov.

fill out the info there, and all applications for federal aid go through there.
It is a pain somewhat, but in the end, they will tell you what you qualify for once all of the paper work is done.
I make too much money for a free grant. I ended up with low interest loans to pay for college.
The military is paying for some for me, but when I run out of money from the military, then I use the money from the government.
I only have had to borrow 2500 so far.
The advantage there, I ask for more then what my class will cost, and then when that money comes in, I use it for books. I have normally all ready bought my books though, so I just put the money back into my pocket/jeep.

Navy-Jeepster
Gold Digger
Keithtj
ARLI$$
ARLI$$

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

books are over rated and I went my last 2 1/2 years with out any books, unless it was a class that absolutley required it.

My Morning Jacket
1fox2go

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea i could do without my 100 buck history book...eng and math are a different story however
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General BS All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: