Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

quick disconnects

View previous topic :: View next topic  
flyerjib

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:28 pm    Post subject: quick disconnects Reply with quote

Who makes the best quick disconect?!? I got the ones that came with my Rough Country X-series lift and they completely suck! Evil or Very Mad They are way too hard to get on and off... looking for new QDs.
Custom bumpers
Ramsey Winch
Herculiner interior
Neoprene seat covers
Dana 44s front and rear w/ air lockers and hub conversion+much, much more... OlllllllO
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
majikxms

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at either the JKS Quicker Disconnects or the Rubicon Express Generation II's. I have the RE Gen I's that I picked up from someone that upgraded to the Gen II's. If I would buy new I would get the RE Gen II's. I'm talking for XJ, TJ, ZJ, WJ, whatever the vehicle.
IBTJn

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the RE Gen II's on both the TJ and XJ. They are fine. I have nothing to compare to them...other than the guys I wheel with. They can be a PITA just like any of them I suppose, but still easier than disco'ing the stockers and probably better than many out there.

Wink
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In terms of removal and reconnection, the RE GenII's are just like the JKS quickers. The only real difference is that the RE's can rotate 360* and come with an extra set of pins to store them (and keep the sway bar out of the way).

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
flyerjib

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the new JKS QDs have the stow away available now as well. Thanks for the input... I'll let you know how they turn out.
Custom bumpers
Ramsey Winch
Herculiner interior
Neoprene seat covers
Dana 44s front and rear w/ air lockers and hub conversion+much, much more... OlllllllO
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
flyerjib

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I ended up getting the JKS Quicker Disconnects and they are awesome! They are so simple to install and operate... way better than my old three piece ones and these do have the axtra pin used to hold your sway bar up and out of the way while disconnected. I highly recommend! Finger
Custom bumpers
Ramsey Winch
Herculiner interior
Neoprene seat covers
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: