Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bigger Tires for Stock KJ

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anza1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:02 am    Post subject: Bigger Tires for Stock KJ Reply with quote

Hi All,
New to the forum and was looking through old posts to find info on tire size options for a stock KJ. I use my Lib off-road on weekends, mostly desert and mountain trail driving (not much snow) . I've decided on BFG T/A KO, but unsure of the largest size that won't rub under load, tight radius turns, etc.

I've found that 245/75 (30.6") seems popular, but the local tire shop also says 255/70 (30.2") will work. I don't see mention of 265/70 (30.7") anywhere - does anyone know if they will rub? Ideally, the tires would also be well-suited to a 2" lift which i hope to put on this year.

Any extra advice would be much appreciated!
-BCR
GREG

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WWW.LOSTKJ.COM. Anything you want to find , is there.
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GREG wrote:
WWW.LOSTKJ.COM. Anything you want to find , is there.
Nice. no

Looking at this (not an endorsement of their product - just the specs), are you sure you want to try to put on that large of a tire prior to lifting it? Sounds like you're going to run into rubbing problems if you flex much prior to lifting it. Here's this from page 2 of the 3" lift instructions:
Quote:
This suspension system was developed to run up to 265/70/R16 or 245/75/R16 tire on a 7 or 8 wide wheel.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Liberty Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: