Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Those of you XJs w/ 4.5" running on 32s...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ajpulley

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:49 pm    Post subject: Those of you XJs w/ 4.5" running on 32s... Reply with quote

I am finally upgrading gears, so would really like to go with 32s and another inch and a half of lift. How is this combo working for those of you who have it? Recomend for or against it?
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is the question what gears to run with the lift/tire combo or on the combo itself?

4.5" is actually a pretty common lift and 32's are the standard tire size run with it. Fender trimming might be needed depending on the backspacing of the rims though.

As for the gears, 4.11's would do the job nicely and still retain a decent top end. 4.56's or 4.88's would reduce top end a little but leave more room for growth in the future.

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ajpulley

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh... question was how is the tire size/lift height working out. I already have 4.10s on order.
ajpulley

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point too... never figured out what stock backspacing is or what would work best with 32s. So, what backspace are you using too? Will trim, cosmetics not an issue- function is.
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stock backspacing is 5.25". The best bet would be somewhere between 4" & 4.5" of backspace. That should keep the wider tire from rubbing the suspension, but not kick them so far that they are beating on the fenders too much. If you have to trim it would only be by a little.

As for me? I'm running 3.75" of backspacing and had to hack my fenders waaaay back to clear the tires.

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JtotheEEPxj

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm running the 3.5" Rubicon Express lift with 1" spacers on my 93 XJ. My 32's fit great with 1" wheel spacers in the rear. The front tires hit only when i'm flexed out all the way and the sway bar's disconnected. I don't plan on going any bigger with it, but do plan on 4:88's or 4:56's in the near future.
The thing works great even with the stock 3:07's , can't imagine how low it'll be with the new gears
-1993 XJ, 4.0, 5 spd, 4.5" lift, 32's, Warn bumper, JKS link kit, skid plates, D30 & 8.25 w/ 4:56's & Detroit locker
-1965 Ranchero, new paint & interior, 302, C4, torque thrust II whls
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Huey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im running 4.5"lift w/32's and i like it, the look and size diff from just 1" from 31's is amazing. im looking into getting bushwackers and fitting some 33's soon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: