Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cb questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
1fox2go

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:40 pm    Post subject: Cb questions Reply with quote

I just got a Cobra 29 NW WX ST ( I use it a lot thats why one of the big ones Mr. Green ) and i overheard some conversation about having a subwoofer amplifier damaging the CB Radio

Is this true? im aware that i cant use both at the same time but i do like to have some background tunes while im driving and it can be a pain unhookin and reconnecting the amp so i can listen to music

thanks
el_dubya

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't run them at the same time? Why not?

'98 TJ SE
15x7 ProComp Series 51 Rock Crawler Wheels
31x10.50 General Grabber AT2's
Taurus Fan
Uniden PC68 Elite CB
1fox2go

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i can just cant have the stereo turned up cuz then i wont be able to hear the cb...I was just wondering if its ok to have it turned down and talk on the cb or if i should turn off the amp that powers the subs?
Keithtj
ARLI$$
ARLI$$

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

never heard of this problem before

My Morning Jacket
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto. How close are the two? Is the concern low frequency sound wavelengths from the sub damaging the radio? ???

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
1fox2go

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea i havent either the subs and amp is in the very back the cb is on the dash. the power wire for the amp runs down the passenger side and the coax for the cb runs down the drivers side. However the RCA jacks that come out of the cd player and into the amp run down the drivers side. i did have a problem with the cb coming through the door speakers but i think by moving the cb and snugging all connections it was fixed. last time i had noise from the door speakers cause by the cb it was a bad ground on the tenna

i was just curious cuz the cobra is a nice cb and it was a good bit of money and i dont want to ruin it
1fox2go

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as for the concern im not sure how the sub amp could damage the cb...maybe i could vibrate something loose thats a concern even when wheeling. im just worried that the amp emits something or will do some harm to ruin the insides of the cb
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Electronic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: