Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

XJ Flare Options?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
IBTJn

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:29 am    Post subject: XJ Flare Options? Reply with quote

Okay, after not finding much to answer my question(s) in the search, I'm going to throw this out there for suggestions. I went to 3 3/4" back spacing black steelies (winter studded 31x10.5 tires) on the wife's '95 XJ. She has a 2" OME lift on it. The factory flares in the front are rubbing pretty good at a tight turn. So, I'd like to find out what you guys suggest on this.

First off, I have my original TJ flares I could get on there. But I'm wondering if there is a better option? Specifically installing a set of Bushwackers or Rusty's flares? I'm honestly not sure what else is out there...so I'd appreciate your input.

TIA Wink
quadna71

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't have much to offer in the way of other options other than what you've mentioned....but here are shots of our local jeepers with a couple of your above configurations.
chris

tj's...

and bushwackers...

IBTJn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks quadna71. I kinda' like the Bushwackers over the TJ's. But I'm not sure...will I need to trim the fenders to install them? Are they a PITA to install?

TIA.
Wink
quadna71

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry, but i can't give any first-hand knowledge on installing either of them. maybe the manufacturer's website can shed some light in the way of downloadable instructions?
chris
Huey

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well what year is your jeep? the bushwackers fit up to a 96, if ur going later in the years like a 97 and up theirs an article floating around on this website somewhere about how to install them. theirs also these flare options by rusty:

http://rustysoffroad.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=XJFLR&Category_Code=BODY
IBTJn

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Thanks! I saw Rusty's...but know nothing about them, too. It's a '95 BTW. I know lots of guys here run without flares, but here the law it'd be all over us. And I don't think the wife (who's rig this is) would like it much. Rolling Eyes

I'm thinkin' of cuttin' hers up for now enough to allow her to wheel it. Honestly, I like them all...but have been leaning toward the TJ flares again because the $350ish price tag on the others. I have the original TJ flares from my rig in the shed that cost $0. I like that price tag. Very Happy

Thanks again for the help!
Wink
M-323

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im in teh same boat if anyone has any more suggestions.

I have a 98. I was told BW only fits up to 96 (but I dont know what the dif would be?)

I have a 3 inch lift with 31 x10.5 tires and they RUB! I had some of the OME fender flares cut away but if you aer turing and hti a bump at the same time, they still rub.

In fact they even rub reversing - trying to park - now its like trying to dock the Titanic. Confused Shocked

I was thinking of adding some suspension spacer to the lift to help the clearance but that still leaves three problems...

1) legality as mentioned above (we're not supposed to extend beyond the fender)

2) going up still wont make the wheel wells wider which is what we need.

3) the vehical is constantly dirty with the tires sticking out. The dirt doesnt bother me too much but the snow / salt mixture does this time of year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: