Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

93' limited rear disc brake upgrade

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeepjeepjeep

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:00 pm    Post subject: 93' limited rear disc brake upgrade Reply with quote

i have a 93' and a 94' the 94 is wrecked and has disc rear brakes i want to put the rear discs on the 93 which has drum i dont know if they will bolt up and what all ihave to change if anyone can help please do also i have power door lock problem somewhere in the wiring harness and i dont know where for sure it is. the harness location that is
cajzmere

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The brakes should bolt right up, you'll have to change everything though, including lines and hoses. Power door lock problem is probably in the area where the wiring goes from the door to the cab. There is a bellows type cover on the harness that goes thru there. Look for any worn or broken wires on either side (passenger /driver), front or rear doors too. If they're broke or grounding, solder 'em, shrink tube 'em and be done! If no wires chafed or broke, go to the relays in the relay center under your hood. Check one by one, they are relatively cheap to buy($12-$15) Good Luck 'Bro!
jeepjeepjeep

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks one question though do i have to change all the lines or just the ones in the rear. and the power locks i was told is somewhere in the main wiring harness that connect the cab to engine bay, also im working on wipers not working when on delay and now my left turn signal stopped working.
cajzmere

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need only replace lines in rear, If i remember correctly, from the junction on the rear differential to the wheels, also attach a braided line to the new rear calipers to be able to "float" with the caliper. Soft lines are ok, but braided is the way to go for not much more. See if you can find a truck with 4 wheel discs and copy how they look, all the connections and everything. Electrical stuff is not really my department, but i assume following wires would lead you to any breaks. If u don't know how to check for a ground fault, you're probably in your over your head for electrical, get help. I'm NOT being mean, electrical stuff is VERY tuff! If your wipers work when ON, and ONLY don't work on delay, your "intermittent wiper module" may be dead. This could have to with a ground fault problem, which COULD cause the turn signal problem. The wipers share a ground with the left turn signal. The only wires that go to power door locks from cab are for relays, that are in "relay center" under hood. Good luck!
jeepjeepjeep

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i fixed the turn signal broblem the flasher went bad so changed that ill tell yall how the disc swap goes oh and does any one have any ideas how to get stripped lug nuts off
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put disk on the back of mine and didnt change anything..The lines still go to the back of the wheel just like they did with the drums but you will have the small rubber line that comes with the calliper and you hook your brake line to that..Your emergency brake will be a pain in the butt.. but its doable..

IF you have the 94 take the brake lines off it and use them if you are worried..

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
jeepjeepjeep

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

umm new question guys i saw a few days ago some projector headlights for 93-98 jeep grand cheerokee only now when i have money for them i cant find them if anyone knows where i can get some i need them
jeepjeepjeep

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do the axles have to be swapped too
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: