Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Adventures at the carwash

View previous topic :: View next topic  
el_dubya

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:34 am    Post subject: Adventures at the carwash Reply with quote

I told this story to a couple guys and now everyone I see asks me about it (you know your from a small town if sort of thing...). So I took my Jeep out in the mud for the first time. I bought it in August and with the lack of rain, had to wait 2 months to get it dirty.

Right after we were done I took it to the car wash to get the mud off while it was still wet and easily removeable. I went to the manual bay so I could get under the fender wells and what not.

Then about a week later I noticed that the underside of my Jeep wasn't as clean as I'd like it to be. So I thought what better way than to use the automatic car wash, since it shoots water up from the floor when you pull in. I wanted to get it nice and clean so I paid the eaxtra for the double wash. I pull in and it starts. One the sprayers hit my window (I have a soft top and half doors) the zippers gave up the fight for waterproofness. I guess the pressure was just too much for them and the water leaked right through the zippers. The zippers didn't let go, but the water definately made it though. So since I paid for a doulbe wash, it went around twice as long as normal, getting me twice as wet.

Stupid rookie mistake I guess. Car washes are ok as long as you are in control and dont spray directly on the windows from 6 inches away.

Go ahead, laugh if you want, everybody else does, I do too lol.

'98 TJ SE
15x7 ProComp Series 51 Rock Crawler Wheels
31x10.50 General Grabber AT2's
Taurus Fan
Uniden PC68 Elite CB
Stevo02TJ

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to one of those touchless car washes, and watching the roof cave as the jets spin is fun.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Keithtj
ARLI$$
ARLI$$

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's an easy mistake. I think I remember reading somewhere in the manual to not take it through an auto car wash

My Morning Jacket
Jen2Goofy
Trail Goddess
Trail Goddess

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya, I got this lame video when I got my jeep and they said not to go though an automatic car wash.

www.vajeepgirls.com

www.fm2cd.com

(O||||||O)
Stevo02TJ

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keithtj wrote:
I think I remember reading somewhere in the manual to not take it through an auto car wash

Well, I missed that one rofl

I didn't get a manual when I bought mine (used). I've bought a Hayne's Repair Manual, but not an owner's manual. Havn't needed it yet.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
1fox2go

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AHHHH the joys of owning a grand....lol just kidding guys them tjs look good but that soft top bites ya in the rear every now and then

that car wash me and stevo went to did damn good...i honsetly believe it did better than the manual...maybe it was the long presoak or what not or i just suck at manual car washes but i was very impressed with it and no long plan to manual wash my jeep unless its by hand in the summer Mr. Green
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: