Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Broken Sway Bar Link on 87 Cherokee

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeep_cherokee_girl

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:34 pm    Post subject: Broken Sway Bar Link on 87 Cherokee Reply with quote

Well the passenger side link is broken. I got the new one. But I can't get the bolts loose. Hubby says that someone with a lift and air tools would probably have no problem getting it off but I don't know. I think it would be better to cut it off. I hate to take it in and pay someone to do it. But I don't know anyone with a lift and air tools. So should I bite the bullet and pay someone to change it?
jeep_cherokee_girl

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Hubby says that he'll pay for it and that way when they have it on the lift they can check everything and let me know what else should be replaced. I have no plans on taking this off road. What is suprising is that the Cherokee gets better gas mileage then my 02 Pt Cruiser. Evil or Very Mad
AllXJ96

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, i only get 14 maybe 15 mpg, but about the linkage, try deep penetrating lude, and let it soak in, its worked nearly every time for me, but its not a bad idea to have a mechanic look over it every once in a while, my mechanic discovered a crack in my headers. Later Wink
jeep_cherokee_girl

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:12 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

I used PB Blaster and a few other kinds. I honestly think that they will need to cut the bolt off and replace it. I have to call the shop that we usually use on Monday when they open. They are closed this week for training. We want to get the whole thing checked out to see what we need to replace. I'm pretty sure the shocks need replaced front and back, maybe both front wheel bearings. It definately needs a front end alignment. I found that I have to keep it plugged it otherwise it doesn't want to start when sitting over night. It came with a plug on the side cuase I got it from a fire department. I have to park it outside cause my PT cruiser is in my side. We plan on moving it to my grandma's garage since she doesn't drive for the winter.
jeep_cherokee_girl

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 1:48 pm    Post subject: That worked Reply with quote

Well the boken link was causing the wandering problem. Good think I took it in. The brakes were in bad shape. I had to have $800 in parts and labor for the brakes. But the shop we took it to is a family friend. He said that otherwise the Jeep is in excellent shape for having 140000 miles on it and it lookes like this is the first work on it in a long time. The FD only used it for in the park and the guy that bought it only used it for a year then he sold it to me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: