Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

VA Jeep Girls @ Paragon - write up and pics!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jen2Goofy
Trail Goddess
Trail Goddess

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:35 am    Post subject: VA Jeep Girls @ Paragon - write up and pics! Reply with quote

The VA Jeep girls went up to paragon for Labor Day weekend for an all girls weekend of wheeling! whoo.

There was a total of three jeeps. We were supposed to go wheeling Saturday and Sunday, but unfortunately Bonnie’s clutch on her 81 scrambler (aka Big Bertha) didn’t like Hummer Hill. We however did get a full day of wheeling done Saturday and ended up finding a place to go for a nice horse back ride on Sunday, so the weekend could not have been better.

For our wheeling Saturday, we stuck to mostly to greens 2/3 and blue 1 with one blue 2 (Hummer Hill).

I unfortunately didn't get a lot of pictures and most (all actually action pics) are of Susan.

Here is a couple of Susan on Trail 25:

Here is another on of Susan later in the day on a different trail (trail 37 I think) and Stacey standing on the side of the trail.

Another one of Susan, this is right before Me and Bonnie hopped in big bertha and um stole it from Stacey.

This is me and Bonnie getting away. rofl

Here is a nice pic of our camp:

Here is us on your way home.

Ya my jeep was the littlest out of the the three.

When I get pictures from everyone else I’ll post them up.

Jen

www.vajeepgirls.com

www.fm2cd.com

(O||||||O)
Jen2Goofy
Trail Goddess
Trail Goddess

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got off my butt to get the rest of the pictures uploaded and the write up done. Anyway here are a few more pictures form the weekend. Some of them are the sameones from above. I decided to be lazy and just copy and past the write up I did for our web page.

VAJG may camp at Red Ridge Camp ground, right next to the lake.

This little snake decided he liked hanging out with us.

The day started off easy with Green 2 and 3s. Jen is being followed by Big Bertha on an easy green trail.

Here is a couple of Susan on Trail 25, a Green 3.

Big Bertha parked during lunch.

After lunch we hit Trails 35 /33 / 37 /56 / 54 and around that general vicinity getting lost so we don’t know all the different trials we were on.

Here is Susan driving along the trail and Stacey standing on the side of the trail.

Susan crawling over some rocks and Jen spotting her and taking pictures at the same time.

Jen covered in mud.

Jen navigating some rocks.

Big Bertha parked at a river crossing.

A nice scenic picture of the same river crossing.

As you can see, fun was had by all.

www.vajeepgirls.com

www.fm2cd.com

(O||||||O)
billyji

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent pics

thanks for sharing

Looks a lot like the stuff we wheel in Oklahoma

Mike G

++++++ Sponsor of http://www.getbent4x4.com dont miss all the action ++++++

=== Pro-Tools Bender Dealer ===

http://www.mikegreen4x4.com

http://www.blacksheep4x4.com
Pegster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man i wish lived closer to you girls - I'd love to be part of a group like that!! I live in NW/Central Ohio tho... =( I still have to work on my TJ to be an off-roader like that anyhow... i got the skid plates - but the rest is stock... who do you gals have work on your jeep & what would you say would be the most important mod to make when wanting to start off-roading?

Peg

Jen2Goofy
Trail Goddess
Trail Goddess

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a wonderful husband who works on mine.

Bonnie does some of the work herself with some help and if she can't do it herself she has a local mechanic do the work.

Susan has a local mechanic she trusts and her brother when he is in town to work on her jeep.

The first thing I would do is find some local trails that are pretty easy and take your stock jeep out. That way you find out what your stock jeep can do, which will be a lot and get some confidence. Once you have some confidence start lifting it since you already have skid plates.

www.vajeepgirls.com

www.fm2cd.com

(O||||||O)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Events & Places All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: