Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tyre Size/Brand Help Please

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thebald1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:17 am    Post subject: Tyre Size/Brand Help Please Reply with quote

Hi,
I am new to these forum's,having some new tyres fitted to my 01 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.7,should i go with the original 245/70/16 or the 255/70/16 in the Cooper ATR's....any comment's or tip's appreciated...what are you guy's running?

Cheers Geoff Wink
1fox2go

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.jeeptech.com/javaAps/conv.html

Im running 265/75r16 but i have a 3.5 inch lift, i had a set of tires that were 255/70 and i liked them but they were only 30s

Its all in what your going to do both sizes will be fine for the street
Kirk715

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:03 pm    Post subject: ZJ tire size/brand etc. Reply with quote

I ran Goodyear Wrangler ATS's (245's)for 150,00 (2 sets) and was very happy with rain snow and off-road performance. City driving was a little truck-like, but the aggressive look of tire and low noise factor kept me there.
I just got a set of Goodyear Fortera Silent Armor (245's) and I love them. They run so soft and comfortable . I never knew that my car could be so smooth. They may be a tic less off-road, and a bit more "square" looking, but are so much better riding.
RoadRunnerTR21

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 6:41 am    Post subject: Fortera's Reply with quote

How are the Goodyear Fortera Silent Armor tires holding up? I've read that they are excellent road tires but not so good on ice/snow conditions. I'm looking to get a set of them for my wife's 02 GC Overland.
Kirk715

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:07 pm    Post subject: Goodyear Fortera Reply with quote

I just had the tires in mud, light snow and slush over the holidays. I had no trouble. I have had them in the rain at highway speeds many times with no concern. I have had them 3-4 months. I have never had a better high speed freeway tire. It has been positively fine in all weather, but I have not yet had them on ice. Good Luck
RoadRunnerTR21

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feed back. We'll see how it goes when we get a quote!
RoadRunnerTR21

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, my wife has some new "feel goods". They are Goodyear Fortera Silent Armor. She's very happy so far. Of course it's only been 2 days. They are quieter than here original stock tires. I'll repost if we have any problems. Thanks for everyones input.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suspension, Steering & Tires All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: