Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rebuild mine or new

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gonzalo Medina

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:01 am    Post subject: Rebuild mine or new Reply with quote

I am leaving to college next year and want to replace the 4.0 in my cherokee it has 220k and still runs good but don't want any problems while I'm out there and wanted to do everything new before I leave. My dad says just buy a new engine and have it tossed in but I hear alot of bad mouth twards jeep crate engines because of quality, should I just get it rebuilt and at least i know who/where it's being done or just gamble with unknown crate motors? I also heard that rebuilt 4.0's over heat because of the thin cylinder walls so this really has me comfused....thanks
JeepinNH

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:56 pm    Post subject: motors Reply with quote

What year is it? Does the motor burn oil or sound bad? If not I would worry more about losing the transmission than the motor. Just my 2 cents. Good luck.
Gonzalo Medina

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a 93 and burns a noticable amount but I'm not complaining it still burns tire but the only thing that makes me wonder is the knocking/clicking noise it makes for the first 10 minuets while it warm's up then nothing. I just simply don't want to worry about the car while I am out there ..thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Drivetrain All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: