Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

going with a 2 in BB but which one.?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
newzj97jeeper

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:28 am    Post subject: going with a 2 in BB but which one.? Reply with quote

I just got paid today, and now its time to try and spend it as soon as possible. At this point I am only going for a 2 in BB and mybe another lift later (only make 7.25 and gas sucks) but I have seen them done with poly urathan, and aluminium and wondering which would be better. and what the people here hav had success with.
Keithtj
ARLI$$
ARLI$$

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

never had a BB, but a lot of people rave about the rubicon express BB.

My Morning Jacket
ehirner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rubicon Express.
Flatbroke

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the REBB and it was easy to install even for somebody like me with is mechanically challenged.
LAWrangX

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RE with the DT3000 shocks.
Venomized

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poly is best, less road noise transmitted into the Jeep. Stock shocks will work for now until they need replacing. Shock choice is personal and $$ dependant. Everyone has a different budget and idea of what is soft or stiff.

Which poly set to get....cheapest. All are made from the same quality of poly, some fit better. Search JU and NAGCA for a used set woud be the cheapest.

2001 WJ, not much stuff

2005 Gulfstream Conquest LE, fun toy
fireguy08

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:27 pm    Post subject: budget lift Reply with quote

just installed rebb on my 95zj limited,easy to install.Ride isnt much different.
newzj97jeeper

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im trying to get my parents to go half on the RE 2 in BB for xmas Smile I think my mom will go for it.
WannaBJeepin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the REBB safe as in you don't need to lower the transfer case? I am also ready to by the REBB, but just want to make sure I can bolt it on & be done. I know I saw something on this on the list some time ago, but I can not find it in my searches. I hate it when I know what I want to search for, but can not narrow my search enough so that I don't have 300 posts to search through. Mostly because I don't know the exact names of the parts or something to search for.

I just put 31's on and the fronts rub. I could either adjust the steering stops in the front, or put a REBB on. The answer to that one is a big DUH. I think 2" of lift will look sweet with 31's.

So, can I just put the lift on & be done, or do I also need to do something else?

Tim
www.miataman.com/jeep
fireguy08

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:12 am    Post subject: rebb lift Reply with quote

I havent had any problems and it just goes on top of springs.I used a spring compresser for front ones didn't need it for rear.Good luck.
ehirner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every Jeep is different. With the REBB, you should be alright with respect to vibes, but there is a chance you could have some as you have changed the driveline angles with even a small lift. If you do have any vibes, you should be able to dial them out with some washers to slightly space down the crossmember. My only personal experience with a BB is on my Unlimited. With the 10" longer driveshaft, I didn't have any issues with vibrations.

With the BB, you will still need to adjust the bump stop length to keep the tires from contacting the fenders, overcompressing the coils, or overcompressing the shocks...whichever is the longest.

WannaBJeepin wrote:
Is the REBB safe as in you don't need to lower the transfer case? I am also ready to by the REBB, but just want to make sure I can bolt it on & be done. I know I saw something on this on the list some time ago, but I can not find it in my searches. I hate it when I know what I want to search for, but can not narrow my search enough so that I don't have 300 posts to search through. Mostly because I don't know the exact names of the parts or something to search for.

I just put 31's on and the fronts rub. I could either adjust the steering stops in the front, or put a REBB on. The answer to that one is a big DUH. I think 2" of lift will look sweet with 31's.

So, can I just put the lift on & be done, or do I also need to do something else?

Tim
www.miataman.com/jeep

newzj97jeeper

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

got it in yesterday, took about 3.5-4 hours, trying to get the lower control arms back in was a pain, also the track bar moved while I was woking on the lift and I had to use a hydrolic(I know its spelled wrong I just am to lazy to get a speel checker) jack/press thing to get everything back over. but it rides great and now I just need bigger tires.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suspension, Steering & Tires All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: