Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need some help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
atom121

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:57 pm    Post subject: Need some help Reply with quote

Hey there, I have been reading the posts on this site for a while. I finally started an account tonight. I could really use the help right now. Well I took my 96 5.2 Grand on a trip to Vegas and LA. On the way back a deer decided to run into the side of my Jeep and break the drivers side mirror as well as dent up the doors on the driver's side. The rear door seems like it will be much easier to just put a new door on it since the damage is large. All the glass is intact as well as the door handle. I was pretty bummed out at first since I have not had this vehicle long and also I was towing a pick up back and it was also damaged. Where can I get a new door for this Jeep? Are there any specialty salvage places that will not give me the deer in the headlights look when I ask for something specific if I order over the phone. I also noticed that the VC is starting to do "it's" thing. I want to go with the NP 242 swap but I need to know the year with the best fit and no modifications or extra parts needed. Again my ZJ is a 96 5.2L with Auto and an NP249. I appectiate the help in advance.
Atom
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Beerman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might get more info. at

www.nagca.com

www.mallcrawlin.com
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beerman wrote:
You might get more info. at

www.nagca.com

www.mallcrawlin.com

Um yeah.

Anyway, check here for Swampy's write-up on the t-case and check http://car-part.com/ for the door.
atom121

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I went to that site. Damn! I never would have thought that a door could cost that much.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try Certi-fit.. They have super prices and they are all over...

There may be one near you..

I got a hood from them a while back for $67.. Thats about $300 less than most body shops wanted and Junk yards around here where asking $125

http://www.certifit.com/default.htm

They have locations in San Antonio , Houston and Arlington ...Give them a call hey may have what you want for a good price....

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: