Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

99 TJ

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ehirner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:14 am    Post subject: 99 TJ Reply with quote

I don't think I ever threw up any pics of my 99 TJ....this is the one that actually gets used for what a Jeep is meant to do.

I just swapped my 255/85R16 Trxus MTs and 16" wheels for these 35x12.5R15 MTRs and 15" wheels yesterday in a trade with a fellow Jeeper. They look better than I was expecting. I was worried they'd look too big for my 3" susp/1" body lift combo.

1fox2go

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks good
quadna71

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

erik,
did you regear when you put in your axles? if not, what are you thinking of going too? i just picked up some 35" tires for Erica's tj yesterday - and the 8.8 and an HP30 is getting regeared as soon as i get home. we are leaning towards 4.88 since she has the 2.5L in it.

maybe we can meet up for a ride sometime when i get back? you need to break in those mt/r's. oh, if you are thinking of siping them...that shop on the other side of allentown does mine (vera cruz i think is the name of the town). it made a night/day difference in snow handling for mine.
chris
ehirner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got 4.10s in now and it's not bad on the street....certainly better than I was expecting. It accelerates fine and I've had no problems up through 4th. I haven't gotten on the highway to see if 5th is still usable. The MTRs are known for running on the small side so they're bigger than what I had but not as big as they could be.

I will be regearing to 4.88s when the funds allow. With Erica's 4-cyl, you would really want more gear for 35s, something like 5.13 or 5.38. You're limited though by the D30. Lowest available is a 4.88. The other option is to keep it at 33s or run 35s and deal with a little sluggishness.
'drack
▲▼webwheeler▼▲
▲▼webwheeler▼▲

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey man, I think I remember seeing that Jeep. I'm reinstalling my rock rails this w/e and then just need to get air to the ARB (yah, the axle's still in one piece Wink ), gimme a shout next time you're heading up there and I'll try and make sure my junk's ready.............just as long as she's not in labor, I should be good.
quadna71

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with the gearing theory - but she's definitely limited to those gears. the tires are only going on hers if she decides to ditch the spacers and grizzlies though. i just couldn't pass them up at $125 each with stickers still on the tread! we'll just stack them up for now and maybe bolt mine onto her jeep once regeared to see how it handles them on the highway. she does have the 3 speed auto so it may not be tooooo bad. jeeps looking good - meeting up and wheeling a little bit with you guys up there would be awesome!
chris (3 more weeks...3 more weeks...3 more weeks...)
ehirner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be ready for some wheeling after the weekend of the 15th. I just ordered a Currie Antirock and Currie steering setup for the 99. If we get 3 vehicles, we can head up on our own anytime. 'd...don't drive it without gear oil this time.

I guess waiting for Chris to get home would be a good idea, though. Let us know when you're home and we can plan something.
quadna71

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i may be a bit "busy" when i first get back...and we still have to build her jeep. shocks, springs, front/rear axle gearing and locking, nth shock shifters, atoz rockers, synth rope, and some more skids. then......maybe i can wheel. i'm not sure waiting around would be a good idea Rolling Eyes oh, let me know how the antirock feels on-road. i gave up the steering idea we were talking about and just went to currie before i left also. now i'm thinking about the antirock but don't want it rolling too much (DD)
chris
ehirner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only pics I got all day of my Jeep after a trip to Paragon yesterday.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Photo Album All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: