Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Running wires

View previous topic :: View next topic  
1fox2go

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:13 pm    Post subject: Running wires Reply with quote

I have my off road lites removable on my stock roof rack...pics and words on what i did are in this forum somewhers but now i have a small predicament how can i run the wires so the wires are up there all the time without drilling holes in my roof? i ran them out the sun roof for a while until the weather stripping got smashed and wouldnt seal...luckily it featherd back out...so i tried out the rear windows and then roll up the windows on the wires..worked but doors cant be opend

any ideas?
viper24242

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having the same problem. I'm at the running it out the driver side door part. Its great when it rains, I get a little drip in my ear now and then.
Flowmaster 50
Rusty's air tube
Rusty's steering stabilizer
AEM throttle body spacer
120 amp alternator upgrade
Rusty's Tie Rod Conversion
p_2_biking

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would love to see a solution without drilling
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about runnng them all the way to the back and thru the hatch???

thats what I did with my Montero Sport.. I didnt want to drill holes in my new ride. Mr. Green

But for the record.. I took the roof rack rail off of my grand ...Drilled a hole under the edge of it and pushed the wires thru.. Then I siliconed the whole..

It does not leak.. And you cannot see the hole cause its under the rack...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
viper24242

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking about running the wires through the back hatch last night. But that is a whole lot of wire.

By the way, if its not to much trouble do you have any pictures of where you drilled the hole and run the wires?
Flowmaster 50
Rusty's air tube
Rusty's steering stabilizer
AEM throttle body spacer
120 amp alternator upgrade
Rusty's Tie Rod Conversion
p_2_biking

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was thinkin last night just silicon the shit out of the whole so it doesnt leak, cause well silicon thats what its for Smile
1fox2go

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wouldnt mind running the wires out of the back hatch...

no drilling holes
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will try to get a picture .. Nothing to look at really just 2 wires running under the rail.... Mr. Green The hole is under so not visible..

I have never had a leak in mine ... (even before when I had doors.. Mr. Green Mr. Green )

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Stevo02TJ

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha rofl

I gotta hand it to ya, I think SwampyZJ kicks ass! thumbs
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
97jpzj

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what i did is took a couple screws out of my roofrack and ran the wires threw the holes and right down my b pillar its a clean look...no drilling..just be sure to silicon that hole cuz silicon is god when it comes to that...i grounded them right to the roof rack using self tappers(offroading mans equipment..haha) if you want to see pictures just let me know
aspencop129

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Run the wires under the B pillar moulding on the inside up to the top. Then run them out the upper front edge of the rear door. You can gain a little clearance for the wires at the door weatherstriping by pulling the weatherstrip loose, pulling the wires out behind it, and just clipping about 1/2" out of the metal lip that the weatherstrip attaches to. Very clean, a little silicone with prevent any leak (although it's not necessary). Where the wires are exposed, run them in some black plastic wire loom, and then attach the loom with a cable clamp to the roof rack. ( I think I remember that's where you have your lights mounted....) You could install some disconnects of some type where ever made some sense......We run wires this way on some of the patrol cars we have, and have no problems. If you ever need to completey remove the wires and lights, no one will ever know that a little piece was removed, and it won't leak.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: