Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KC Daylighter Windshield Mount

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ekimyelbom

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:58 am    Post subject: KC Daylighter Windshield Mount Reply with quote

I have finally put on my windshield mounts for my KC Daylighters. Now where are you all running the wires from the light into the engine compartment? I really would rather not drill any holes!
tonloco

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i ran mine around the outside of the windshield and tucked it into the weather striping then behind the windsheild bracket and then out throught the firewall
Stevo02TJ

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I drilled mine, sorry.

The pic in my sig is from when I had the lightbar, but I used the same hole for the windshield mounts I have now.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ekimyelbom

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject: Where Reply with quote

So where did you drill the holes?
Stevo02TJ

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The holes are drilled a little bit up from the mount itself on the front of the windshield frame. I've added a pic so you can see exactly where it's at. I'm not saying you need to drill, but I believe this was the cleanest installation I could get. Plus I'm not worried about needing to take the lights off, there will always be a light in that location.

Sorry for the mud Finger
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
tonloco

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://storage.msn.com/x1pxzZ39wV--_dOuKFb2jz_LMycKB-njA_l2oilOfocVCgDyjfF_SKYHTRXSEM6PbdO7eneYaWXEEB5PQnOYPWc6ZsjcMWJIKTSZ6zJOBVBu2M82NUPqWUvzPWLHCQfdXV2AcKtVPFzR0E

http://storage.msn.com/x1pxzZ39wV--_dOuKFb2jz_LCOkTxxhVeP6ZhGMrYOUT0LftztM7YSCFmaSpySnznnMuaifLllMNnRqUKrvpha6AWrZWFgeTYk7ZNEYIje6QR1FbrrvM1sV45YWEQb0SbXAvA4F-oS0pJU
ekimyelbom

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:26 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Those pictures are awesome guys, thank you for doing that. It is going to be a busy weekend but I love it!!
Oh, and by the way, never apologize for the mud!
Thanks again and I will show pics when it is all done!
Stevo02TJ

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, tonloco has the soft upper doors, and you can tell by my post that I do not, so squeezing the wire in through the door was not an option because it would kink it. Also, he has his mount to keep the windshield up hiding the wire, which I also do not have, lol.
1fox2go

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea um sorry for that mud stevo

anyway drillin the frame makes it look much cleaner but does it leak?
ekimyelbom

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

thank you all for your help. the lights are on and no holes were drilled except for one in the firewall to run the wire on the passenger side. what did you guys do with your antenna? mine is scratching the light so i took it off.
Stevo02TJ

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is too, but here soon, I'm going to try and drill three new holes so I can angle it back to the windshield...it's good that you took it off....DO NOT CUT IT...found that out the hard way...no reception.
tonloco

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hum? thats odd my antennae is a good 10 in from my light but i also have a yj so that could make the difference not sure
Stevo02TJ

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, I've noticed the YJ's antenna mount is a good distance foward from the windshield frame. The TJ's frame is wide, and with the antenna moved back, just creates problems with the KC Daylighters that I have. I oculd go with a slim lite, but then I'd have to buy a new pair of lights, and the KCs are just fine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Electronic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: