Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

JEEP is absolutely ripping me off, what would you do?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sebastian4281

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject: JEEP is absolutely ripping me off, what would you do? Reply with quote

I bought an 05 Grand Cherokee Laredo last February and have recently ran into all kinds of problems with my transmission....The car is now 11 months old, 22000 miles. My transmission ahs been acting up a bit (grinding and slipping) and when i just got my oil changed the transmission fluid looked milky, so i knew water had gotten into the transmission somehow..

I took my car into the dealership 3 days ago to find out their was a recall on my car last October for water getting into the transmission via a leaky line which can cause the transmission to overheat and cause a fire underneath the hood . Jeep never notified me by mail or phone of the recall, i was completely out in the blue on this one. They further added insult to injury by telling me i am not covered under the warranty for a rental car and for the past 3 days i have been paying that out of my pocket at $50/day.

I called today to find out the status of my car and they have flushed my transmission 4-5x to try to get all of the water out of the transmission and are still trying to run diagnostics to see if i might need a new transmission all-together.

3 DAYS TO PERFORM 4 TRANSMISSION FLUSHES?!?! A new transmission will be another 3 days easy, which makes me pay about $350 in rental fees to get a jeep fixed that is under warranty and having problems because of a recall i was never notified of!

Im considering going in and raising hell today after work, i have fought with them already over having to pay for a rental out of my own pocket. Any car not a yr old that needs to be worked on for problems (due to a recall nonetheless), should be covered for a rental. Thats just common courtesy....what would you do?

Thanx...
Bluestrobes

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Find another dealer in your area if there is one,and call the Factory Rep. for your area.
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sebastian4281 wrote:
I called a 1800 customer care # i found on the jeep.com website and told them my story. They notified my dealership to fiund out the status of my 05 GC. Its been 3 full days and they are still running diagnostic tests to determine if i need a new transmission!!!

They are 90% done the diagnostics, but they are almost certain i need a new transmission. I could have told them that 3 days ago! So as of now, i put out $150+ for a rental car for 3 days and they havent even begun to fix te problem yet! My dealserhsip told the customer care rep it will be atleast another 7 days. I CANNOT afford 3 days of paying for a rental, let alone 10!! I have to call my back the jeep customer care rep in another hour when my dealership is completely done with the diagnostic testing and has a definite answer. If i do need a new transmission, the rep said they are "considering" giving me a rental.

I flipped and said..."considering? You better consider a little harder and i still want a refund for the 3 days i already paid for. Any dealership should pay for a rental car when a brand new car is brought in for a recall and needs atleast a day of work.

That is just freakin' COMMON COURTESY!! I pray they dont come back with a NO answer, i am driving right up to that dealership and raising hell!

Please don't start multiple threads about the same subject. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: