Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Leaf spring & shock replacement suggestions????

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pamoose34

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:48 am    Post subject: Leaf spring & shock replacement suggestions???? Reply with quote

My factory springs are flat and I want to replace them with an 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 lift at most. Who makes one of the smoother riding lift kits or as I have read on some previous posts would it be better to piece components together for the ideal ride? I do mainly city driving with some towing/heavy hauling in the rear and occasional hunting trips. Who would ya'll recommend for gas shocks to go with those springs? Thanks for your input.
shotgun

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have to say that a lift should be purchased as a kit for out of the box ride quality. Most manufacturers do a good job pair capable shocks with their springs. Buy the best that you can. Rough country is cheap and overs a decent ride. but it doesn't compare to say a RE Xtreme duty kit. Just as the XD is a better lift than the RE regular duty. You also get all the extra brackets and things you need to do a complete lift install if you jeep isn't already lifted. They also discount the components if you buy a kit.

If I was pieceing a kit together I have some specific things I would look for but others might not. I would be after double military wraps like the BDS springs. Non-tapered springs also. Then I was always happy with my Rancho 5000 shocks, but the procomps I have now are alright, could be better, but ok
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> YJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: