Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

another half inch? 3" already

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimmyhasajeep

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: another half inch? 3" already Reply with quote

ive got a 3" rough country lift kit on my jeep now. i wanna get rid of the damn AAL, becuase it sucks, and from what i read it's gonna start sagging prett quickly. i figured, what the hell, while im at it, i might as well lift a little more right? im trying to find something that will lift my rear up 3.5",

ive read alot about dakota/s-10 leafs, but i dont know what the hell to make of it, becuase there are about a bazillion different types of leafs. is that the right way to go?

also, ive got the rough country 3" coils on the front, i plan on keeping them, but is there any way i can lift the front another half inch? i havnt seen half inch coil spacers, and i really dont wanna buy new coil springs as well.

im trying to make this as cheap as possible because all im really trying to do is replace the AAL, because it sucks... since it's a daily driver im not trying to lift it too much...

oh yeah, i forgot to ask, with another half inch is there anything extreme im gonna have to do (sye...etc...) im already planning on a t-case drop, how many inches should that be?

sorry for it being so long/so many questions, im just trying to get some awnsers haha

thanks in advance

2000 XJ 4x4
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2084616
scorpio_vette

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

use the chevy s10 or blazer leafsprings together with the stock XJ springs. there is no way to tell you which combination will give you 3.5".

if you said you found lots of writeups, then you already have the basic idea. so now you'll have to install it, and measure, and then remove/swap/add the different leafs, until you get what you want.

if your really worried about 1/2" different front to back, you could get some 1" spacers and cut them in half. personally i wouldn't worry about it. at any given time most vehicles are at different heights front to back and you can't tell most of the time.

it's hard to tell if your going to have problems. 1/2 isn't much, but could be just enough to throw your driveline off. only way to tell is to try it.

right now i'm curious why you think your rear setup sucks right now? you said it's your daily driver. so why don't you just drive it for now, make sure you do enough research, and then when/if they do start sagging, then you can change the rear springs out.
________
herbalaire reviews

Last edited by scorpio_vette on Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jimmyhasajeep

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive been driving it like this for 5 months, and there is no hurry. i just wanted some awnsers. i know that 1/2" isnt gonna make too much of a difference, iw as just wondering if there was something that could jack it up just a half inch.

so as of now my plan is to buy a RE 3.5" leaf pack, and get RE .75" coil spacers... sound good? will this give a pretty level ride?

2000 XJ 4x4
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2084616
Haleyes

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stock coil isolators will give you close to 1/2". Just use them like you would a coil spacer and stack them. There cheap too.

As far as a bastard leaf pack, it'll just be trial and error. Pick and choose, till you get what you like.

www.naxja.org
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: