Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help with Jeep stalling!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeep_cherokee_girl

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject: Help with Jeep stalling! Reply with quote

Ok well yesterday while at work we got a snow storm. Jeep was parked into the wind. I got about 3 miles from work and it stalled and wouldn't start, I checked under the hood and everything was wet. After about 15-20 minutes it started again and then I got another mile or so down the road. I had already had my dad on his way with the tow truck. So I went into a store to get warm. When he showed up it started and was drove onto the flat bed. He took it to my friends show (who just opened it up) and they said that they drove it off the flat bed and let it sit for half hour and it staying running just fine. He took it for a ride and it was fine.

My hubby says that he had an AMC Eagle that when it would get wet it would always want to stall and he used wiredry on the wires to help. Now back when I first joined this forum I thought someone posted about getting this blanket thing for under the engine to keep the snow from blowing into it. Does anyone know where I can get one? I'm going to search for it. When hubby gets home we are going to get it and go to my parents since I have to work midnights. I'm going to put some fuel line anti-freeze in the tank and then spray the wireing with wire dry.

Any help greatly appreciated. This was the first time driving it in a snow storm and it was really blowing snow.
jeep_cherokee_girl

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:45 am    Post subject: Got it fixed Reply with quote

Mechanic found the ignition coil was cracked after we spoked over the phone. $74 later it is replaced and Jeep running like a top.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: