Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Herculiner

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GreenZJ

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:51 am    Post subject: Herculiner Reply with quote

I know its been done, but how much herculiner do you need to cover the cladding and the bumpers?
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think that you can get it done with 1 gallon.. But I havent done mine yet.. I have 2 gallons in my garage that I plan on doing the entire inside and all the cladding with.. (Hope its going to be enough..)

Carl

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
grocery getter 318

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

one gallon should be enough to do the trick. i covered my bumpers and also my buddy used it for the cargo area of his XJ and i still have half of it left.
p_2_biking

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sry you guys but what is herculiner and what does it do? (gotta learn sumthin new everyday)
Stevo02TJ

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Herculiner is a cheap roll-on bedliner, a lot of people use it on trucks, but it provides a nice, waterproof surface for spraying with a water hose. Mr. Green

Also, it gives a different "rugged" look (take a look at WhatWasIThinkin's grill)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Drake69

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Herculiner is a spray-on and spread-on paint that adheres to most any surface and is designed to be incredibly tough. It's strong enough to resist chipping from almost anything, and is great for truck beds, bumpers, fender flares, interior cabs, virtually ANYWHERE you expect to scrape up against. I'm Herculining my new front bumper to repel rocks and tree scrapes on a trail.

The strength of the paint is directly proportional to the number of layers you put down. So, let's say, inside the floorboard of your cab, you can get away with one coat of paint, but for high-scuff areas you'd want to put down two or even three coats of paint.

Just don't let it attach to your skin, and for deity's sakes, DON'T get it on your gloves and then decide to relieve yourself like one idiot did. Getting Herculiner off your "hootus" is not a delightful endeavour. laugh

1fox2go

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahhaha but if you do get it on your hootus it will be water proof and abrasion resistant haahahahaha rofl rofl rofl rofl
p_2_biking

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahaha awsome, oh hey another guestion, have any of you guys built or installed a roll cage inside ur ZJ? ive been woundering if its worth it and possible, i think it would look pretty sweet and the fact that it will protect you from killing urself, the way i drive Finger Mr. Green rofl
Stevo02TJ

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything is possible...I've seen some pretty nice interior cages for ZJs and XJs...though I don't drive one Finger
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
RendonTe80

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much does this stuff usually cost, and where do you get it?
Drake69

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

$99, at Autozone, Advance, or NAPA usually.

RendonTe80

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see, thanks. Can anyone post pics of what this looks like? I would like to see the end result because it sounds like something i'd like to do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: