Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

cherokee steering wander

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:08 pm    Post subject: cherokee steering wander Reply with quote

new to site- cool so far. Had purchased a 94 cherokee and then parked 1 1/2 years, now when I drive it- it wanders, and has a lot of play in the steerin. Can turn wheel about 20 degrees or so before wheels follow ? is this a common proble w/ cherokkees, if so , what is cause ? I have checked the steering components by physically trying to yank on them and can find no slack/ Truck is on ground w/ suspension loaded when I do this. Should vehicle be raised and steering/suspension unloaded???
Have found other "threads" ( door hinges(mine too), valve cover leaks, etc.)quite helpful and simple to research here. Are there any other common trouble areas that I should be on the lookout for/???Truck is AT/ P/S (leaks too) 4.0 w/ 4wd, w/ 150K plus miles.
What is the largest tire size I can run without any other mods?? Will retain stock rims for now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: