Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Warranty..... Voided??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
donzrubi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:37 pm    Post subject: Warranty..... Voided?? Reply with quote

Getting ready to lift my 03' Rubi in the next couple weeks, what parts of my warranty will be voided when I do this?
WhatWasIThinkin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the obvious stuff is the parts that are removed. Then theres the parts that you may be drilling holes into or modifying.

But the rest is up to what kind of a dealer you have. If they are reputable and should a problem arise that requires dealer service the best thing to do is keep a calm head...dont go in all gung ho and being a jerk and piss off the service writer.

Now Im not saying you are a jerk, I dont know you so Im generalizing. IF something is concidered voided, they have to have absolute proof of this to show you.

For instance, they cant void a exhaust part failure due to the lift, unless you did some mod on the exhaust to allow clearence or some part of the lift. Same goes if you allow a part of the kit to come into contact with the OEM exhaust and damages it...thats not covered.

The grey area are any driveline parts and weather or not the lift effects them. So concidering that includes the engine, tranny, tcase, driveshafts and complete axles assembles, thats alot of grey area. Experience has taught me that on any modded rig Ive had, Jeep or otherwise, service writers make alot of allowances on professionally looking clean and well taken care of vehicles and there warentee's.

Ghetto rigs dont do well when it comes to warrentees. I just saw a brand new Rube last week driven by a young guy that will probably have a tough time with warentees. He had trimmed the entire side off all the fender flares. leaving only the tops. Needless to say it looked like shit.

Real Jeeps dont wear Bra's
scorpio_vette

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it also depends on how "clean" of a lift you install.

if you install a full blown lift with upper and lower control arms and every other possible mod, so the end results (alignment specs, driveline specs, etc..) match the factory specs, then they're more likely to warranty things.

if you install a 3" without longer control arms, then you'll be maxing out the factory control arms which in turn will throw off the caster. no driveline mods such as SYE will seriously increase driveline angles. then when suspension, driveline, etc.... things go, it could easily be blamed on the lift and void the warranty.
________
MARIJUANA

Last edited by scorpio_vette on Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:24 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cleaver

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When i lifted my jeep they required a teraflex lift and i could only go as big as 3 inches. The quote from the service manager was "when it comes to lifted jeeps that we have breakage on where we did the lift we tend to look the other way". Which translates losely to if it breakes once okay will fix it. If it breakes more there might be a problem with the way your driving it.

Since I've had my jeep there hasn't been anything broken on my jeep, just recently i discovered that my transfer case won't go into low. Which means I will soon discover how far the other way the service manager is going to look.

I'll let you know how it works out.
donzrubi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked ...Yea.... let me know, I'm lifting mine this weekend 4" (Ultimate Full Traction) I only have 20k miles on it, so there's 50k more warranty on the drivetrain! I'm doing everything right so.......... time will tell!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: