Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Little bit of help with the "Code" tabs?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stevo02TJ

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject: Little bit of help with the "Code" tabs? Reply with quote

I dunno where this would go, so feel free to move it if need be.

What is the point of the Code tab? Could someone with a little bit of BBCode background tell me and maybe show me an example?

Thanks
-Stevo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It be like this:
Code:
<html dir="ltr">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type"
content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
<meta http-equiv="Content-Style-Type" content="text/css">
<meta name="keywords"
content="testing photo projects club opinions lighting wrangler liberty cj 2 cj 3 cj 4 cj 5 cj 6 cj7 cj 8 cj cj a chop comanche buys suspension products liberties topic steering messages reviews rides clubs competitions  cherokees cherokee users classifieds forum pics group rockcrawlers electronic cherokee sections shocks phpbb closures info faq board work online land album index axles topics jeep wiring forums forum guests events wanted lifts profile search test horizons model components trail radios off comments road sell commentary new news showcase write models articles registered location newest tech tj grand data tires questions moderator how to engine price issues general cj sale introduce drivetrain use wranglers kj wj log powered deals discussion ups suggestions yj register shop xj mj announcements zj news product jeeps vendor items">
<meta name="description"
content="The Jeep Horizons discussion board with sections on all Jeep models, land use, news, tech write ups and classifieds.">
<meta name="robots" content="index,follow">
<link rel="top" href="./index.php" title=" Forum Index">
<link rel="search" href="./search.php" title="Search">
<link rel="help" href="./faq.php" title="FAQ">
<link rel="author" href="./memberlist.php" title="Memberlist">
<title>Jeep Horizons :: Index</title>
<!-- link rel="stylesheet" href="templates/subSilver/subSilver.css" type="text/css" -->
<style type="text/css">
<!--
/*
The original subSilver Theme for phpBB version 2+
Created by subBlue design
http://www.subBlue.com

Basically, you can have coding and it doesn't throw off the format of the page. Here are some of the other things you can do with BBCode.
Stevo02TJ

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, so it's basically for sharing code with someone?

How can I get it to show HTML? or is that possible?

In the profile, I can select always show HTML, but it's turned off in the options ???
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah basically it's to share code. For instance, if you go to the phpBB site (phpBB is the forum program we run) there will be hacks to add new features. When somebody louses it up and jacks their whole forum, somebody else will offer code that fixes it. If you use the code tab, it makes it a whole lot easier to figure out what they're trying to say.

And yeah, I've got HTML shut off for security reasons. Don't want any Russian spammers attacking your computer. Wink
Stevo02TJ

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, ok, so I've got virus protection from Troy?! Mr. Green

It makes no difference to me, like I said, I was just trying to use some HTML to create a chart, and it wasn't doing so, lol.

Alright thanks for explaining the code...I did try to go to the FAQ page, but it still didn't explain it very well, again, thanks.
kizer
The Link Meister
The Link Meister

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://jeephorizons.com/phpbb/faq.php#22

You know that little FAQ button next to the search thingy. Wink Heya Code

Can I use HTML?
That depends on whether the administrator allows you to; they have complete control over it. If you are allowed to use it, you will probably find only certain tags work. This is a safety feature to prevent people from abusing the board by using tags which may destroy the layout or cause other problems. If HTML is enabled you can disable it on a per post basis from the posting form.
WhatWasIThinkin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

code.....Hi Smile

Real Jeeps dont wear Bra's
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Intro and Testing All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: