Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How high will this get me?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GrassNinja

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject: How high will this get me? Reply with quote

Hey there,

Im the new guy with the "Ghetto Boost" that Im trying to turn into a "Budget Boost". What's the difference you say? Check me out in the intro forum and read my hello post. Then you'll see, anyhow,

If I yank my 10 year old coils and toss em at the neighbors cat, and replace them with stock '94 ZJ V-8 springs, with 2" spacers, how much height (over stock) will I gain? Now I understand any numbers thrown out here in the following posts are to be taken lightly and no-one will be held to their word. I just have no idea at all. So, what do ya think?

anyone?
majikxms

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roughly 3", the coils should be 1" more than the stock XJ coils and then you're adding the 2" spacer. All you have to do is worry about the leaf pack. Get heavy duty leaf packs for a stock XJ, add your upper two leafs from your old pack, get 1 1/2" shackles and you should have around 3" all around.
GrassNinja

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweet! hey I dig your avatar. lol I cant ever get mine small enough so I end up using the Badger, Badger, Badger, you know the rest.

I read about using a leaf pack from a Dakota or S-10. If I remember right, the packs were mixed together and got almost 4" of lift. I want to try it, but then I would have too much in the rear, which is what I have now. The front is, well, odd, and the rear is higher than a freshman.

unless, can you stack spacers? I know they are shaped to conform to the perch, would they conform to each other? Or is that way to unsafe? My 2 year old does ride with me occasionally in my Jeep. Normally he stays in the '99 Grand Cherokee, but once in a while, I let him ride with me. He really likes the ugly old beast.

I would post pics, but I have no idea how. Is there any way to do it without uploading to another site first? cant I just attach from my comp?
1fox2go

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wouldnt stack the spacers
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are talking about stacking 2" spacers...it's not a good idea. You can stack smaller spacers however. I know OME makes 3/8" spacers specifically for leveling out ride heights. I wouldn't stack any more than 3 of those though.

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GrassNinja

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the more I read my own post, the more I think, OMG im gonna end up killing myself.

Im at work, and its been a long day. Forget what I said about stacking. lol that just sounds worse by the minute. lol

thanks again guys
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: