Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I'm in trouble with the stock alarm again

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tynee

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:31 am    Post subject: I'm in trouble with the stock alarm again Reply with quote

First of all, thanks to all who helped last time I had alarm issues on my '93. If you remember that thread from months ago, it was the hood switch causing my issues with the alarm going off randomly.

Fast forward to today, my wife went to get into the the Jeep today, and the driver's side lock was frozen, so she went to the pass. side, and of course the alram went off. Long story short, I have now been "asked" again to get her alarm working like it did the day it rolled off the assembly line. I bought a used remote a while back, but couldn't get it to program using the instructions in the manual. I tried it out on a '94 GC, and came to the conclusion that the remote worked, but my jeep had issues elsewhere. What is the next step to trouble shooting why the remote wouldn't program?

Also, am I correct in saying that the alarm should go off when any door is manually unlocked and opened other than the driver's door, or is that peculiar to my GC?
jeepjeepjeep

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well actually driver side, passenger side and tailgate should disarm the alarm when you get the chance tell me the steps youve taken so i can get a better grasp on whats goin on
tynee

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, a month later...

It's been a while since I 've actually done anything with the alarm system. All I've really done with it is buy a used remote, since there were none with the Jeep when I bought it. I tried programming it by the directions in the owner's manual. If I remember correctly, everything happened exactly like the book said it would except the locks never cycled at the end. I don't remember what the issue was with the other Grand I tried the same remote on, but I remember it lead me to believe that the problem was not in the remote.

Not really any additional information there, I guess is there? What's the correct method for trouble shooting the alarm/keyless entry system?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: