Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

anyone want to play name that part? I need help.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GrassNinja

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:05 am    Post subject: anyone want to play name that part? I need help. Reply with quote

ok, what is the proper name for this thing? and, is this a good thing to have in here? Was on the Jeep when I got it. thanks for the help.

Next, here is my coil. Its stock, but, is that a spacer on top? Or is that supposed to be there?

This was done to the T-case, should I leave it or make another kit? ANy idea why only two sets of spacers? Why not the third part, fuzziest near the lens?

This is what Im missing to get my sway bar connected. But since its not there, how do I know what it looks like. Anyone?

And here is the super cool block on the rear. These are going as soon as I find some new springs. Notice the custom 180 degree arcing. lol

badger

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

everything is fine for a budget boost .not the best but thats what its supposed to look like. as for the swaybar problem just order a set of JKS disconnects and it replace all that you are missing to make the swaybar work again as well as make it disconnect for better offroad use.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st pic - Aftermarket lower control arm.

2nd pic - That is a spacer on top

3rd pic - T-case drop. 2 spacers on each side is standard. I have no idea what that bracket is. It looks aftermarket. Is it connected to something? (Can't tell from the pic)

4th pic - What was stated above. Get an aftermarket set of disconnects (JKS, RE, etc). It will come with everthing you need to hook the swaybar back up.

5th pic - Block. Yea, get that thing out of there.

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
badger

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that brace is a factory T-case skid that might be on backward.i think its supposed to point to the passenger side

GrassNinja

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AWESOME! thanks guys.

backwards huh? Any ida where I can find a good pic of how its suppose to be? Id like ot have it right, although it cant be bad like this, its been there since I bought it. lol

Coils on the way, and I have brand new 1" Pro Comp spacers. Can I stack em with the other spacers that I have? Should I? And I will be ordering some degree shims tonight for the leaf packs. Hope to find a couple nice donor packs this weekend and throw in a whole new (old new that is) set of rear springs.

later and thanks again
badger

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stacking spacers is not good and i do not recommend it.

i was wrong about it being backward thats the way it is supposed to face

GrassNinja

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the skid plate correction. I was ready to go unbolt it and try to reverse it just so I wouldnt look silly. so no-go on the spacer stackin action huh? hmmmm, bumer. ok. maybe I can sell em or something. I dont know. THanks again,

Later
cheap cherokee

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got teraflex quick disconects. I'm very happy with them. They don't clunk or rattle, they are easy to use and they come with straps to keep 'em up out of the way when they are disconected. Also all the hardware was very easy to install and they came with good directions (I'm not going to admit that I used the directions, lol).

GrassNinja

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the pic. and speaking of, since im a big geek, what kind of camera did you shoot that picture with? The entire truck is in crisp clear focus. Great shot. Im kinda into photography too.
cheap cherokee

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, actually I'll have to ask my brother next time I see him, he took the pic. I didn't know he took it until he gave me the files. I need to find out anyways because I'm going to buy a digital soon and I may want to get one like that if it's not out of my price range.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: