Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Power Windows and Keyless entry

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ione

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject: Power Windows and Keyless entry Reply with quote

Ok I admit I am weak. After driving my 2006 unlimited for 4000 miles the first month I have owned it, I really miss more options. I am interested in installing power windows and keyless entry. I would appreciate any information as to the availability and reliability of products. Thank you.
TJ Apex

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure a universal kit can be adapted for the locks, I had a set put in my old Toyota truck 11 years ago and they still worked when I sold it. But the power windows not so sure.

I'd like power locks on my TJ ONLY because my wife has them on her Ford and I want her stop complaining that she can't remember witch way to turn the key on the Jeep.
Another thing is a remote start so when it's 18 deg outside I don't freeze my ass off going out to warm the jeep.

Did you know that they now make power tops for the unlimited. I think I saw it in JP magazine’s new product section.

02' Apex Edition,
2" BB, 31" BFG AT's

Last edited by TJ Apex on Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ione

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought about the remote start, when leaving the bar on a cold night, but with a manual transmission I would probably run it through the wall.
Lowrider

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Cherokee Sport only had one power option - power mirrors. I wish to hell they were optional on the Wranglers because I'd have sure ordered them on my new Unlimited.

2006 Wrangler Unlimited
1997 Cherokee Sport 2WD
gussdog

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the power windows and key less entry installed on my Jeep Wrangler, Like you I like the comforts of the 20th century. I bought the window kits from A1Electric.com they are a direct bolt on fits perfect. and work like a charm. try jeepfourm.com and do a search for power windows. there is a couple of different types out there.
Ione

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gussdog, I have been looking into the A1 power windows. I am checking now as they look like they are out of stock and I am an impulse buyer. Are you door locks also A1 products? If so what is the part number?

Thanks
gussdog

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No the door locks were install at the local Audio Store along with my alarm system. they work great. I need to install a actuator for the tail gate which is a little fit. but will work. there are other sites that sell the power window kit just like at A 1 Elect. just do a google search.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: