Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My 89 XJ Limited

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cheap cherokee

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject: My 89 XJ Limited Reply with quote

Here's my 89. It's got a 4.0 out of a 97 TJ, about 5" of lift and 32's.

I bought it wrecked (stock) for $300.

It had been hit pretty hard in the passenger rear quarter and it had hit a deer in the front.

We replaced the header panel, grill and all that stuff, drivers front fender (didn't put a very good one on but it was better before the door decided to open into it one day for no aparent reason), rear quarter, door and hatch and both bumpers.

A lot of the parts were already black and since it's an offroad beater I didn't paint them.

I am going to be putting a 8.25 and changing the rear springs within a month. I have had the springs for a while but I just bought the rear end last weekend. Right now it has the 35 and 3" blocks.
Renegadestang

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good man! Not bad for a beater! Mr. Green

1981 Jeep CJ-7 Renegade: 307-4V SBC, SR-4 4-spd., 31x10.5 Wild Spirit's

1966 Ford Mustang: 289-4V, C4 Auto.
cheap cherokee

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, thanks!
When we were fixing the body my buddy who did the paint tried to talk me into painting the whole thing but I decided that if we were going to do that I didn't want to go with black because it would show the trail pinstriping to easily.
I am considering painting the whole thing silver and fixing the dents and stuff but I'm not sure if I really care enough to actually do it, lol.
I don't want to make too nice or I will feel bad when I bang it up off road.

Here are my last three wheelers before I got the jeep. If you look close you can see that one of the blazers has primer on the roof. That's because I bought it rolled. We fixed it and I wheeled it once, got in some deep water and it never ran again.
I let it sit around a few months then I took the tires and winch off of it and traded it for some stuff and got the cherokee.
Here they are in order...

this blazer didn't remain stock for long after this trip.

Here's a jeep picture (my buddies old YJ) to keep me from getting kicked off the board, lol.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Photo Album All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: