Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Big Boys Playground April 8th

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Events & Places
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mmivicon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:13 am    Post subject: Big Boys Playground April 8th Reply with quote

Just a reminder. The next Big Boys Playground event will be on April the 8th. Harrisonburg, Va. I81 exit 251, turn right onto Rt. 11, 1.5 miles on the left. Gates open at 12:00 p.m.
1fox2go

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went there to the first one, after them seeing the mess up that dodge by hookin it up wrong, and then saying "yall wanna see people get pissed, were gonna piss this guy off" when they went to pull the suburban out

i didnt like the people there, they were quite rude

and the trails, a friend of mine had a wrangler and it was tight for him in places

overall i say it was a waste
BBPlaygroundLLC

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: Sorry you were disapointed Reply with quote

My name is Kelly Straughen and I am the owner of Big Boys Playground. As a general rule, the owners of the vehicles entering the mud pit hook up their own vehicles. Some people come unprepared and do not have the proper hooks on the front or rear of their vehicle. I am unaware of the problems with the Dodge as I have not heard any complaints from him or anyone else. As for the trails, obviously some body damage is possible. If body damage is a concern do not enter. I enjoyed everyone that came down and will always treat those who attend and are responsible with respect. If there are ever any problems or concerns, please address me with them during the event, not on the internet afterwards. I look forward to another great turn out and hope everyone enjoys the day.
Stevo02TJ

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think 1fox2go was stating that he got body damage, just that he was limited to what he could do becuase the trails were so narrow.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure how I missed this....

Some folks enjoy the technical challenge of a tight, narrow trails. Trails like this are also found in OHV parks across the country and the knarlier ones are staples in events like UROC, CalRocs, NEUROC, ProROCK, WERock, etc. As was stated above, if you are concerned about being unable to to navigate a narrow trail or about taking body damage, then stick to the easier trails in GWNF and don't go.

I myself would love to go to this event, but I am putting the finishing touches on my Jeep getting it ready for Paragon in a few weeks...so maybe the next one. Wink

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
1fox2go

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey mr owner of the playground that place was an alcohol free zone correct? I seen one guy get out of his vehicle and the beer cans were falling out with him, I then saw a suburban get hung up with everyone inside drinking

what about the big truck on 44s that took off so hard and fast he almost ran up on the bank hitting the spectators?

as for body damage well no damn duh. I wheel at my own risk, i just stated that the trail, not trails, because it was only one trail that was actually long enough to be concidered one, was very tite and overall it wasnt really worth the body damage

oh and you may treat your customers with respect but your friends that ran the tractor dont. When one vehicle got hung up the guy that hooked the cable up said "yall wanna see someone get pissed off? were are gonna piss this guy off" now i dont know about you, and how you treat the people that come there but some of the people working with you could stand to be replaced

And just so you know I am not the only one who feels this way. I have several friends who used to be in the off road sport but got out of it because of having a family and to pursue other hobbies. They even said that it was very poorly set up. One of them was very concerned with how the big truck on 44s launch, as she witnessed someone do that elsewhere and kill 3 people

I can say several positive things about your place, you are a nice person for owning this land and allowing people who enjoy off roading a place to attend. This is a very nice thing as most of the trails are getting shut down across the country as we speak. I would also like to commend you on the fact that you have many things to do. My overall opinion is that maybe you are still working on this place to make things better than the last time, if that is the case then yes I do plan to attend in the future events.

And Phantom, Im not an idiot, I dont need you to repost what someone said about body damage. And for your information my concern on body damage is, im a college student on a budget, this is my daily driver, If something serious breaks I have no backup ride, that is why when I wheel I have to be careful on how I pick my lines etc. Yes I know, body damage may not set me back without a ride, but say a small branch smacks my windshield and damages to the point that it wouldnt be safe to drive. As well as other damages that could get me pulled over to be told that my equipment is not safe for the highway. I do enjoy riding on a tight trail, As I had my grand cherokee on an ATV/dirtbike trail. I just do not have the luxury as to have a second ride to get me back and forth to school and work. That is why those of us who wheel our daily drivers, many of which our only vehicles, share the same concerns as me.
1fox2go

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and kelly...no one stated anything in this forum about a messed up dodge, so how did you hear about it?
Jen2Goofy
Trail Goddess
Trail Goddess

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1fox2go wrote:
I went there to the first one, after them seeing the mess up that dodge by hookin it up wrong, and then saying "yall wanna see people get pissed, were gonna piss this guy off" when they went to pull the suburban out

i didnt like the people there, they were quite rude

and the trails, a friend of mine had a wrangler and it was tight for him in places

overall i say it was a waste

I believe you did, see in bold.

Also if you are that concerned about not being able to afford any damage you may take on a trail, you might want to reconsider going 4 wheeling. The fact is you take a risk every time you go off road, be it GWNF or the big boys play ground.

www.vajeepgirls.com

www.fm2cd.com

(O||||||O)
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jen2Goofy wrote:
if you are that concerned about not being able to afford any damage you may take on a trail, you might want to reconsider going 4 wheeling. The fact is you take a risk every time you go off road, be it GWNF or the big boys play ground.

Ditto. You and your friends don't like the trails there, then quit bitching, shut up and don't go.

-End of thread-

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Events & Places All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: