Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Stereo

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jp4life

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject: New Stereo Reply with quote

I have seen other postings but did not see answer to this. I have an '01 Wrangler 5 speaker system. I just put in a new Sony CD/MP3 50w x 4 deck and the front speakers sound like junk. They did with the stock system but I just thout that was the stock sytem. The speakers are after market Boston Acoustics that I bought new and are wired properly. Are the the front speakers wired directly to the stereo or do they go somewhere els first?
KnightFire

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats the RMS on each of those speakers? Does the deck have a bypass feature? Try adjusting the settings on the deck first, hopefully your not trying to power (4) 150W speakers on a 50Wx4 deck Wink

Amsoil Dealer
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Trutrac

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they could deff be under powerd boston acostic is a good brand and they probaly requier a little more ampage
ehirner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: New Stereo Reply with quote

jp4life wrote:
I have seen other postings but did not see answer to this. I have an '01 Wrangler 5 speaker system.

There was no 5 speaker system. It was either 4 or 7.
Nimmer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:25 am    Post subject: 5 spkr system Reply with quote

I'm about to put a deck in my '01 TJ, looking at the harness that is in there, where does the sub get its connection from? Any tips as I go to get my deck? For the guy who said its 4 or 7, the '01 has 2 rear, 2 front and a 8' sub in the consol.
Nimmer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject: Answer to my own question Reply with quote

a company got back to me. So if anyone else is wondering, the sub is fed from the other speakers.
ehirner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: 5 spkr system Reply with quote

Nimmer wrote:
I'm about to put a deck in my '01 TJ, looking at the harness that is in there, where does the sub get its connection from? Any tips as I go to get my deck? For the guy who said its 4 or 7, the '01 has 2 rear, 2 front and a 8' sub in the consol.

There are actually 4 speakers in the dash. DC counts the separate tweeter and mid-range as separate speakers. It's a 6" sub also.
quadna71

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup - what he said. the 4"x6" plate is two separate speakers in one mounting plate. the 6" factory sub is powered by a low-powered passive amp that is in the center console housing as well. for your front speakers...most people don't have alot of luck with them sounding great - unless high powered speakers with a dedicated amp pushing them. i've had pretty good luck with the adapter plate that converts the dash location to a 5 1/4" round speaker. i did the mod on my last two tj's and it sounded 100% better than the 4x6" that was in there. plus, you can put the 5 1/4" speakers from your soundbar/pods into the dash and then fit some 6 1/2" rounds up above your head.
chris
Nimmer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:06 am    Post subject: Damn sub Reply with quote

So I put in my new deck, and it doesn't send signals to the sub... So I guess I have to follow the wire from the sub and splice it and run it straight into my sub out. Unless someone else has any other ideas....
ehirner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Damn sub Reply with quote

Nimmer wrote:
So I put in my new deck, and it doesn't send signals to the sub... So I guess I have to follow the wire from the sub and splice it and run it straight into my sub out. Unless someone else has any other ideas....

You need to connect the turn-on lead for the amp/sub to the switch output from the head unit. It's been covered here before...try the search.

I found this one by scrolling through the Electronics Section...
http://www.jeephorizons.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=7318
...it'll help.
jp4life

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record, the window sticker on my '01 sport says "5 speakers including subwoofer" so 7 is wrong!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: