Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

transmission and transfercase? price? need advice!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
p_2_biking

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: transmission and transfercase? price? need advice!! Reply with quote

hey how much should i pay for a new transmission for my 93 grand cherokee...the price my mechanic gave me was $2100...does that sound right ? i have no idea so i need to know before i go and pay him so he can go get it...also hes gunna get me a new t-case and boots upfront by the wheels...he said with all the new parts and work done i should be paying around 4-5K do u guys think this is reasonable...i dont wanna be screwed over by this guy...i heard he was good but i dunno my dad thinks hes rippin me off but let me know...i need to kno! lol

thanks guys
1fox2go

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think your gettin screwed, a new trans for my jeep was 1200, as for a tcase get one from the junk yard preferably a 231 or 242

to solve your cv boot problem get a axle from an xj to replace your front end
p_2_biking

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

son of a bitch...i had a feeling he was cause ive found lots of remanufactered transmission off ebay for like 900 and shipping for a couple hundred which i wouldnt mind and then just take it to a shop...but i dunno im gunna look around at different shops first and get prices...this guy is retarded..i should have known cause it took him 2 weeks to even give me a proper price..the first day he said 2000 to fix my transmission then the second time i talked to him he told me to fix it its gunna cost around 3100 so he found a tranny for 2100....then he wanted like 600 for install and 900 for a transfercase (brand new) then more labor which shouldnt be much if the new tranny is already out right? i dunno this guy is horrible i dont think i will deal with him every again...thank you for telling me i can find a tranny for that amount and i was getting screwed...thanks alot i really do appreciate it because i would have paid him and gotten screwed over...he prob wouldnt have done it right either lol rofl lol
1fox2go

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

take it to a transmission shop and get it rebuilt
Stevo02TJ

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You gotta watch those sly, sneaky mechanics. I won't even get into the hassle I had to deal with when getting my mustang inspected, but just watch your back.

1fox2go, Swamp boy, and the others on this board know their stuff....if you got a problem, just ask.

Stevo Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
p_2_biking

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah do u guys know if aamco transmission is any good? im thinking of checkin them out...im located in san diego and well they have a couple of shops here so they cant be that bad so im gunna see how much they want....i thank you all...and now ive learned my leason about mechanics lol Evil or Very Mad thanks guys
1fox2go

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not all mechanics are bad, check into jasper transmissions they make good stuff, or just look for some local tranny shops and get yours rebuilt to rebuilt it with new torque converter i bet it would be about 1000-1200 bucks
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Drivetrain All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: