Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shoe Creek - Apr 9th

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: Shoe Creek - Apr 9th Reply with quote

Here's some pictures from the other members of FM2CD, VAJeepGirls and some new friends.

Steve and I needed to test the modifications we made to our Jeeps, the results were great!

Somebody had to test more than others - Oops Shocked

Great test, I sure that Steve and Jen will post more pictures when they get home.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, it was a good day. David's additional lift with the new 35's and drivetrain mods (XJ D44 in the rear, 4.10's and truetracs f&r) did real well. He just crawled over things that he used to struggle over before.

Plus it flexes pretty well, for leaf springs:

I also put the 33's on Jens to test how they would do with the 2+ year old OME lift. We thought they would rub...but, although she's no where near full droop, she stuffed to the bumpstop on the passenger front with no rubbing. I'll still add some more lift sometime after PAP, but we're gonna leave 'em on there until then.

I learned a few things about mine...first off, it flexs like a mofo:

Too much in fact. A closer look reveals the problems:

Not only is the spring completeley unseated, but the shock is at or very close to full extension and the brake line is taut. I'm gonna have to fab up some limiting straps to stop it from drooping just before the shock and brakeline reach their limits.

The other thing I learned (or reminded myself of the hard way is more like it), is that even an easy trail can bite you if you're not carefull...I thought it was going over:

If I had been a foot more to my left, it would never have up-ended. I was tired and I should have gotten out to look instead of just dropping into it. Two guys pulling on a strap righted it enough for me to back out and reset.

The flip side (pun intended) is that I now know it will go over a lot easier than would have in the past...I've taken that little drop 10...maybe 15 times and never had that happen. So it was a learning experiance in that I know where the "edge" is now on the junk...and of course, I'll try to avoid it in the future. Wink

Like I said, it was a good day. No major problems were found with either of our setups and the problems we did find can be corrected with pretty simple fixes.

I guess that's about it. The trip to PAP is in 2 weeks, so we'll have lots more pics then.

Oh yea, of course...we gotta have the FM2CD staple shot. Drumroll please:

Rock On!

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Events & Places All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: