Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Faulty PCM on Wrangler '95 (2.5L)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Charles

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: Faulty PCM on Wrangler '95 (2.5L) Reply with quote

I have a faulty PCM. My 95 Wrangler 2.5L 4cyl doesn't like to start on cool (or cold) mornings. I know it is a PCM because I eventually took it to a mechanic who told me that was the problem. They also said this problems was not uncommon with Wranglers of this vintage. Their price was $800. I would rather not pay that.

Is this something that can be replaced at home? Or does a mechanic need to do this. The mechanic said they would have to "flash" the PCM once the new one was installed. A PCM for my wrangler costs $205 if I buy it myself.

Has anyone out there every replaced one of these on thier own?

Thanks.
scorpio_vette

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

completely disconnect your battery,
remove the screw that holds the connector to the PCM.
remove old PCM and put new one there.
plug in connector and put the screw in. don't overtighten.
plug battery back in.
drive

i just did this on my 95XJ.
________
Echo

Last edited by scorpio_vette on Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
qkslvr_95yj

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes. i had this done. i got one from a salvage yard. its from a 92 oddly enough, but works just the same. the place i went to installed it for me too. well... they just threw it in with the tranny i got so ... but i had the same problem. annoying huh. good luck
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> YJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: