Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Timing chain

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ricko70

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:52 am    Post subject: Timing chain Reply with quote

Can someone please tell me the life expectancy of the timing chain in a 4.0.
I just bought a 92 with 167k on it and would rather do it instead of worrying about it if it's necessary.
Thanks---Rick
Titan4u2c

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Rick I dunno about the norm, maybe I got a good girl but I got like 300k on the ticker with no probs in that area. Actually never heard of anyone throwing one of those but who knows it is after all a chain and not a rubberband like some cars. If you had the $ and time and were having issues with noise or such I might would replace it to ease your mind but don't know what to tell you. Wife's has 202k with no probs either and it's an auto and been pampered where I have really driven mine and it's 4wd as well. Good luck!
Ricko70

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply.
I've had Jeeps, but years ago and I'm just trying to get a feel for these again....
Again, Thanks
Titan4u2c

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well then 6 of these and half dozen of the other... lol It's up to you, personally on these I believe in the if it ain't broke deal. So if it's running solid you should be ok under normal driving for at least 250k I would say. If it's inexpensive for you to replace or you have a good mech then go for the piece of mind? I have had good luck with my '91 and '92 so maybe those were good years, but like i said I never heard of a chain failing. Good choice on vehicles by the way haha but u knew that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: