Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'91 stuff on a '99 XJ??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tomynoks

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject: '91 stuff on a '99 XJ?? Reply with quote

Could some one please check out this auction at Ebay:

http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZjeepd23

I am intersted in:

Borla Headers
Front/Rear Bumpers
gas tank skid plate

All are off a '91 XJ and I have a '99..... will this stuff work without much alteration?

Thanks,
RE6030 3.5"
1" T-case drop
31x10.5x15 BFG AT KO's
badger

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it should all work fine.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Titan4u2c

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah he's right chyrler didn't change much between those years if anything would be a slight mod, maybe drill a hole or 3 but should mostly work out. As far as puttin my .02 in I personally wouldn't go USED on exhaust or some other parts, cause you never know if it may have holes or bends in it. As for the bumpers and skid plate hey you get what u pay for so bid low...lol Funny I was looking at that exhaust header last night as well but just don't look right so I passed. Good luck!
scorpio_vette

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i believe in 96 or so, they changed the front bumper to a wrap around design. but the mounting should be the same, so no problems there.

for the borla parts, just go to the borla website and look up the parts for your 99 and a 91. if the part numbers match, then you know it'll fit. if they don't then it most likely won't.
________
herbal vaporizers

Last edited by scorpio_vette on Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In 97 they changed the bumper. But you're right scorp, the bumper mounts themselves should be the same.

Not sure about the gas tank skid. Most aftermarket skids for XJ's come in 84-96 and 97-01 varieties, so I don't think the factory skid from a 91 will fit a 99.

Don't quote me though. Wink

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
badger

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they all have the same mounting holes for the front and rear .all the holes for mounting a hitch mount are the same.you can use a nut strip from any year in any year.the only thing that they every changed with the body was the outer skin(even that was slight) as well as trim on the doors and bumper end caps.

everything on your list will swap over.the only thing to look out for is that the bumper works with the skid.if its a good bumper it should have a sub-frame that bolts to the hitch mount location.the front bumper should also have longer mounting brackets that reach back a good 10 inches and use several bolts down both sides.

JeepinNH

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject: bumper Reply with quote

They do have the same frame holes but the actual stock brackets to the bumper are different. This one may not use the stock bracket so you may be all set but then again it may hit the grill. I can't remember which one sticks out farther but I think it's the newer one. Also, the plastic wrap around on the 99 goes to the wheel well so it may look strange without it.

Present: 99 Cherokee
Past: 86, 87 Cherokee; 94 Grand Cherokee
badger

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't know anything about the front bumper bracket being longer.the shape of the fender was changed along with the style of bumper .the only thing he might have to do is trim the fenders and the area under the blinker which you have to do with most aftermarket bumpers anyway.the rear looks a bit funny because the way the rear flares blend into the bumper end cap.this can be delt with with some cutting or change over to some Tj flares.

tomynoks

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all your help guys!!!
RE6030 3.5"
1" T-case drop
31x10.5x15 BFG AT KO's
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: