Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rubicon Express Tri-Link for TJ

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arty155

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: Rubicon Express Tri-Link for TJ Reply with quote

Hey all, opinions and advice welcome. Very Happy I've seen a few tri-link setups advertised for TJ's, an upgrade and I think a complete kit. Would the upgrade be worth putting on along with an RE 3.5" Superflex lift? Will I have problems with the Tri-link setup on a DD? I'm new to the whole Tri-link thing so any advice is welcome. Thanks Jeff

p.s. if any of you are from Cali I'm in the Sacramento area looking for groups to go wheeling with. Mr. Green
Arty155

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I did some more investigating, that will teach me to ask a question before I look around. Confused It looks like the Tri-Link is only good for a long arm lift, which I'm not going to be installing since it is my daily driver. But any information on this system would still be cool to hear about from actual drivers who use it.
Jeff
ehirner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LAs will actually be better on road for a lifted vehicle than short arms. If it's your DD and you want to best ride possible, get yourself some long arms.
Arty155

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LAs would be sweet, but cost is a factor. Most LA's cost in the neighborhood of 2-3k, then you have to get the SYE, driveshaft, to do it properly. With the RE3.5" superflex I can get away with under 1k. I'm doing labor all myself, so I'm only concerned with getting the lift itself, but still is a little more than my budget was for.
ehirner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arty155 wrote:
LAs would be sweet, but cost is a factor. Most LA's cost in the neighborhood of 2-3k, then you have to get the SYE, driveshaft, to do it properly. With the RE3.5" superflex I can get away with under 1k. I'm doing labor all myself, so I'm only concerned with getting the lift itself, but still is a little more than my budget was for.

You may still need the SYE and CV shaft even with the 3.5. Every Jeep is different. Count on needing it and it you don't, then you've got $500 available.

Don't forget about adjustable trackbars to recenter the axle properly. Redrilling the front axle mount is a bad idea. Getting the 4.5 SF kit and having your vendor swap the 3.5 coils for the 4.5 coils is a better way to start. More parts that you'll likely need anyway.

When you factor in the cost of all the arms, the long arm kits aren't that much more than the complete short arm kits. A full set of short control arms is about $800.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: