Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

part time light

View previous topic :: View next topic  
97XJ Jeeper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:01 pm    Post subject: part time light Reply with quote

does all models have the part time 4x4 light? in sunlight i can see that it has it on my dash but every since i got my XJ it has not worked. do they have a low range light? my XJ is a 97. what are the most common reasons for it not work besides the light burnt out? thumbs
2 1/2" pipe cat back
Videos my XJ
http://youtube.com/profile?user=JeepXJJeeper
JeepinNH

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject: 4x4 light Reply with quote

I think all of them have some sort of 4x4 light but not all models are the same. I think all mine does is tell you when it's in 4x4 whether it be high or low. There is a switch in the transfer case that is probably sticking in the normal 2 wheel drive mode. Get a manual to locate where it is and trouble shoot the issue. It may just need lubing. I had a Grand that would stick when I first got it because the guy before me didn't use it much. It cleared itself with some use.

Present: 99 Cherokee
Past: 86, 87 Cherokee; 94 Grand Cherokee
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as the lights, the dash has accomadations for two:

A) Part Time 4WD - Comes on whenever the t-case is in 4Hi or 4 Low. Applies to all t-cases.
B) Full Time 4WD - Comes on whenever the t-case is in Full Time 4WD. Only works on models equipped with NP228/NP229 & NP242 t-cases.

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: