Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Speedometer Gear

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Speedometer Gear Reply with quote

I searched the net, found all the correct formulas, ordered what was to be the correct is still off Sad

I used the same formula to do another Wrangler & it worked perfect to my GPS. This time it is off by about 3 mph at 55. The Jeep I believe has a 4.11 ratio in the diff & I have 31's. I raised one rear wheel, spun it 2 revolutions, & it appeared to turn the axel 4.1 times. I called the Jeep dealer & had them run the VIN # & they said it was to have 4.1 stock.

I used this applet and as I said before it worked perfect on the last Wrangler. Not sure what is off this time, but I hate to take another $15 guess when the last guess was not to be a guess. It was to be perfect.

Any idea what would be the correct gear? I was really hopping that this one would be right as I am leaving for a 1000 mile round trip to go to the Top of the Ozarks Jeep Jamboree tomorrow morning. So I was hopping to get an accurate milage reading. I guess I will have to rely on the GPS again for the milage. Only problem is with that I usually forget to turn it on or something stupid along the way Sad.

All help is welcome Smile

98 Sport
35" MTR's
5.5 Rubicon Extended arm Lift
Centerforce Dual-Friction Clutch & Pressure Plate
Custom Front & Rear Bumper's & Tire Carrier
Braided Break Lines
Warn Manual Locking Hubs
Air System Purchased and in the works

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
This is the one that I used - you can see the numbers are a bit different. Something else, have you measured the tires? They often don't measure up the advertised size.
Nothing to see here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: