Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rear Upper Control Arm and Rear Brake line question!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arty155

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject: Rear Upper Control Arm and Rear Brake line question! Reply with quote

Ok it's only a few weeks away until I put my new lift on my 2002 TJ, (just got done dealing with the insurance over my old CJ7 argh). I decided to crawl underneith and begin to dream about the lift, and continue to dream about running the Rubicon. Twisted Evil Then I noticed that when I replace the Upper control arm I will have to relocate a few lines that are attached to the arm. *shakes head* I also noticed that I may have to relocate where the brake lines are attached to the axle tubes, because of the truss that comes with the lift kit. Does anyone have any good advice on moving these lines to new locations where they will be safe and not in the way, etc.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/arty155jln/detail?.dir=/b9f2&.dnm=aad5scd.jpg&.src=ph

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/arty155jln/detail?.dir=/b9f2&.dnm=1ccascd.jpg&.src=ph

Any help would be great. Thanks
Jeff
ehirner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are going with a short arm kit, the lines attached to the upper arms can just fly in the wind. However, with the mention of a truss, it sounds like you're likely going with a long arm kit. You can still let them flap away but I would strongly recommend replacing the rear hose with a longer braided stainless line. Actually, as long as it's a longer brake line, it doesn't matter what it's made out of. But the braided stainless will last longer.

On the truss for my Clayton long arms, the axle end of the brake hose was bolted to the left side of the truss. No pics so you'll have to imagine it.
TJ Apex

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ehirner wrote:
But the braided stainless will last longer.

Not only will the stainless last longer, the stainless weaving won't let the hose expand when the pedal is pressed, giving you much better break pedal feel and help cut down your breaking distance too.

02' Apex Edition,
2" BB, 31" BFG AT's
ehirner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TJ Apex wrote:
ehirner wrote:
But the braided stainless will last longer.

Not only will the stainless last longer, the stainless weaving won't let the hose expand when the pedal is pressed, giving you much better break pedal feel and help cut down your breaking distance too.

Not really. The rubber hose used in brake lines today doesn't expand that much. You won't get any noticable improvement in braking due to stainless lines on a late model vehicle.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: